Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Alan B's front suspension
David Jenkins

posted on 2/8/02 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Alan B's front suspension

Alan,

I've just looked at your 'fill, fill, fill' picture - Coo! That suspension looks mighty interesting...

David

Alan B

posted on 2/8/02 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
David,

I'm glad you like it
There's more at:

http://www.desicodesign.com/meerkat/

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnston

posted on 2/8/02 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
have to say it looks like the bodywork will be well sweet how hard is it to do was debatin a similair idea my self

and nice to see a mk1 gettin a mention on ur site

Alan B

posted on 2/8/02 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
The bodywork is probably 3 times more difficult than the rest of the car combined Not because it's technically difficult, it is just SO tedious.

With the rest of the build you can make a long checklist and at least see some progress as things get ticked off. With the bodywork the list is short. Fill, rub, repeat many times

However, people telling me it's looks OK and they like where I'm heading helps a lot! So I do appreciate it. Another thing I'd recommend is plenty of pictures, that helps to convince yourself you actually have made some progress

Yeah, Mk1's, fond memories. I've done a few rallies in them in the past, basic car, solid, simple, reliable.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnston

posted on 2/8/02 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
nothin like the sight and sound of a gd mk1 wit a bda bombin down a forest stage
Alan B

posted on 2/8/02 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
nothin like the sight and sound of a gd mk1 wit a bda bombin down a forest stage

Yep, and mine WAS nothing like that

1300GT actually

Makes me feel so inadequate

johnston

posted on 3/8/02 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
here nothin wrong wit a gd 1300 no a guy over here had 1.6 boys sayin he was runnin an illegal engine cos his was beatin them

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.