Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Ping Mr Gusterson
UncleFista

posted on 9/9/02 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ping Mr Gusterson

C'mon Steve, get your pics up in the archive ! I've just spent a good 1/2 hour looking at your pics on TOL, very very interesting. You don't quite cover it when you say "I'm building a Locost-like Morgan" I don't think theres a single bit thats "to the book" is there ?
Colour me impressed

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

stephen_gusterson

posted on 9/9/02 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
C'mon Steve, get your pics up in the archive ! I've just spent a good 1/2 hour looking at your pics on TOL, very very interesting. You don't quite cover it when you say "I'm building a Locost-like Morgan" I don't think theres a single bit thats "to the book" is there ?
Colour me impressed

Thanks for the nice comments!

As far as Rons Book is concerned, I have edition one, not the 'and race it' one. I had seen it in stores a while and always had a chuckle at the idea of a 250 quid car. Its been great to kick off the idea of the car......but now I only use it for one thing. In the blank pages at the back I keep a log of my hours and im not gonna add em up until i have finished......its too discouraging to know how long its taking! So, I dont really use the book that often.

This group and TOL are far more interesting. Im convinced without the peer pressure of groups like this we would likely run out of steam. And im looking forward to parking it next to all your locosts at a show and passing it off as a modified locost.

I will get around to posting the pics soon, but im just a bit lasy I think! I had to take a lot down cos the sisters on the other group bitched when I took up space even though no one had used the space before! Its still in the message archives if you want a bit of a sarchastic laff.

I have lotsa pics - as i expect we all have - that i could put up, inc all the bits of wood i had to cut up to fashion the back of the car - taken about 40 hrs to do the rear panel alone

Thanks to Chris Gibbs for the pointer to Ron FOurnier's metal bashin book!

I will get around to doing a site for the car soon perhaps. Another one of those lazy things i think!

atb

steve

ChrisW

posted on 10/9/02 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Don't worry about space on here Steve - plenty to go round!

Oh, and if you do decide to do a build website you know who to speak to...!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 17/9/02 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
for what its worth I have put up several misc pics of my build.

Rather a lot of the engine - if you are considering a v6 ford here's if you find its for you or not.

The most controversial is the rear suspension. Its swinging arm. Like a mini or a metro, or apparently a 924 porche. Its not semi trailing, as might have been a better idea as it gives some allowance for roll, which this type of suspension does not. However, it was relatively easy to make, has no bump induced camber change and is very 'flat' giving me room for a bit of a boot and a 8.8 gal tank. Im not gonna chuck it around like a racer, so if the rear is a bit loose then dont go so fast!

I have more current pics and will take som more when it rolls out next in about 2 months. Its now got the sloped rear and boot in it, and has the bumper and its armature mounted. About to make up a fibreglass boot lid shortly after I have built a 8 x 8 ft shed to save my sanity. Its gonna be attatched to the garage so i have a bit of workshop space. At the moment I cant walk two paces in a single garage and its just about impossible!

ATB

STEVE

chrisg

posted on 17/9/02 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
The 924's got Trailing arms and torsion bars, there's one outside!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 17/9/02 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
We didn't fight 2 world wars just so you can go an buy...........german.........sausage eating........sourkraut..........traitor to yo your race............etc.......
Chris PTM

chrisg

posted on 18/9/02 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see you're on the ball PTM!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 18/9/02 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The 924's got Trailing arms and torsion bars, there's one outside!

Cheers

Chris

I highly suspected that cos you were my one and only source of that snippet of info remembered from the past life you had on TOL.

Did you get chucked off there, cos you have never mentioned it....

stephen_gusterson

posted on 18/9/02 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
We didn't fight 2 world wars just so you can go an buy...........german.........sausage eating........sourkraut..........traitor to yo your race............etc.......
Chris PTM

but it IS built with BRITISH STEEL at an inflated price from Corus!

atb

steve

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.