Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello from newbies
SteveCB

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hello from newbies

Been hankering over "Seven" type car as far back as I can remember after a ride in Locost with 1.7 modified cross-flow (circa 1995). Now I am at stage that looking to buy one, can you recommend best place to look for one (already been to usual place such as eBay, Pistonheads etc) if you know any other place or someone is selling it, please let me know.

Been told to steer clear of Robin Hood, is this still the case? I've got £6k to spend and hoping to get zetec engine variant, is this possible?

swanny

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
where are you in the country. there might be a local meet where you could have a look at some of the options.

as for what you go for it depends what you want to use it for. track days? road/cruising touring mixture of both?

lots of people have a lot of fun touring and occasionally blasting around in robin hoods.... equally some dont.

SteveCB

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
where are you in the country. there might be a local meet where you could have a look at some of the options.

as for what you go for it depends what you want to use it for. track days? road/cruising touring mixture of both?

lots of people have a lot of fun touring and occasionally blasting around in robin hoods.... equally some dont.

I'm based in South Derbyshire. Probably mixture of both but more likely most for road use.

loggyboy

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
No reason to avoid any car if its been well made and in good condition, but its all down to intended use. RH arent known for being great chassis handling wise, but if you just want a fun, light roadster they are more than capable. The RH brand (now called GBS) have the Zero model which is much a better space frame and seems a lot better.

Mistral Motorsport

Rich J

posted on 23/6/17 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Two decent looking Sylva Strikers on a well known auction site at the moment

NTDWM but I am biased in that way

ReMan

posted on 23/6/17 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
This!
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=209334

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Shiggins92

posted on 23/6/17 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I know someone that might be selling one PM me for details!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.