Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Unregistered car on public road
SCAR

posted on 8/8/17 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever you decide to do take no notice of advice like, push it then your not driving it or take the spark plugs out so it doesn't run or remove the prop so it cant be driven etc. All nonsense. You could take the engine out and it would still be classed as a vehicle requiring tax and insurance.
Its obvious really as even cars parked up on the highway (or any place where the public has access) are required to have tax and insured irrespective of whether they run or not.
Suspended tow (two wheels off the ground) or trailer would be your best option.

pekwah1

posted on 8/8/17 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, yeh i wasn't taking it seriously.... just wondered where i stand as i obviously cannot have tax or mot on the car, but do have insurance, but the IVA thing says i can only drive to and from the test, and then afterwards can take it to a garage to have work, no mention of before.
Hopley89

posted on 8/8/17 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Could you not speak to iva or dvla and ask the question?
as you could say it's to have the emissions, head lights, db ect checked
before the iva

jps

posted on 8/8/17 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopley89
Could you not speak to iva or dvla and ask the question?
as you could say it's to have the emissions, head lights, db ect checked
before the iva

Although they may give an answer from DVLA or VOSA which is technically correct I would think it much effective to go into the previously mentioned Police Station and ask if you can speak to a Neighbourhood Officer who covers your area for some advice - ideally one with an interest in cars! Explain the situation and that you don't want to do anything wrong - if they tell you it'll be OK - ask if they can stick a note on their 'orders of the day' noticeboard or something on the day you propose to push the car up the road - just incase one person tells you it'll be OK, and another one catches you in the act! Obviously - if you ask for advice and they say 'no' don't try it anyway and hope you'll get away with it...

At the end of the day - the Police will be more interested in catching kids tearing about on uninsured motorbikes and people driving uninsured cars around day after day - than people who bother to ask their advice and are trying hard to stay on the right side of the law!

02GF74

posted on 8/8/17 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
As already said you can't have it on the road unless going for via test... But could try the pavement perhaps?

I doubt going to police station to try to get exemption from the law will get you anywhere. Should get caught do you think the courts will let you off because you said Brian the pcso with the souped up fiesta said it was OK?

jps

posted on 9/8/17 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Should get caught do you think the courts will let you off because you said Brian the pcso with the souped up fiesta said it was OK?

No - but if Brian the PCSO is the person most likely to catch you in the act- it might be worth a try!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.