Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Is it just me that this s#!t happens to? :-(
craigdiver

posted on 25/9/17 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Is it just me that this s#!t happens to? :-(

Needed to order custom hydraulic hose for my clutch so find what appears to be a reputable seller of HEL stainless braided hoses and put in a request for what I needed, here is the conversation;

ME: Please can I have a price for a custom hydraulic clutch hose. Overall length is 1100mm with one end straight male 3/8” UNF (obp 0.75 master cylinder) and other end banjo to suit M10 FTE cylinder as per photo (on BMW M52TU25 engine). Thanks

SELLER: Hi price will be £30 plus postage, that end m10x1?

ME: Yes, M10x1, what is the postage cost and your paypal email address and ill get payment to you.

SELLER: Hi click buy it now on this advert, ive just changed the price to £30 for you

ME: Done, thanks

SELLER: Ok so a 3/8 male screw in and a m10x1 male screw in, around 1100mm long?

ME: 3/8 UNF straight male to M10x1 (banjo connection) 1100mm long

SELLER: I did straight males on both end, male screw in is better than a banjo and a bolt fitting, messing with copper washers

ME: Straight end wont fit at clutch cylinder, need banjo

No reply from the seller yet Aaarrrggggghhh!

If it ain't broken, fix it anyway (just because).

Building - BMW powered Haynes Roadster/442E hybrid.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

02GF74

posted on 25/9/17 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
On this occasion the answer is yes.

Pretty sure rally design and Burton power make swaged hoses.

But look on the bright side it could be worse , I once called a company to paint my porch green, imagine my surprise when I came home to see my 911 had been painted!!!

craigdiver

posted on 25/9/17 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
On this occasion the answer is yes.

Pretty sure rally design and Burton power make swaged hoses.

But look on the bright side it could be worse , I once called a company to paint my porch green, imagine my surprise when I came home to see my 911 had been painted!!!

Took me a minute to get that, made me smile - thank you :-)

Wish I had asked on here for custom hose recommendations, hopefully seller will sort it out and make me the hose I asked for.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

02GF74

posted on 25/9/17 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craigdiver

Wish I had asked on here for custom hose recommendations, hopefully seller will sort it out and make me the hose I asked for.

F*** me are you old enough to be driving? That joke is so old it predates any reference to Mrs Slocombe's pussy.

craigdiver

posted on 25/9/17 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:

F*** me are you old enough to be driving? That joke is so old it predates any reference to Mrs Slocombe's pussy.

Unfortunately, old enough to have enjoyed ‘are you being served’ on one of the three tv channels we had at the time :-)

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

SPYDER

posted on 25/9/17 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
You had THREE channels?
Benzine

posted on 25/9/17 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
I used to DREAM of three channels
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 26/9/17 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Needed to order custom hydraulic hose for my clutch so find what appears to be a reputable seller of HEL stainless braided hoses and put in a request for what I needed, here is the conversation;

ME: Please can I have a price for a custom hydraulic clutch hose. Overall length is 1100mm with one end straight male 3/8” UNF (obp 0.75 master cylinder) and other end banjo to suit M10 FTE cylinder as per photo (on BMW M52TU25 engine). Thanks

SELLER: Hi price will be £30 plus postage, that end m10x1?

ME: Yes, M10x1, what is the postage cost and your paypal email address and ill get payment to you.

SELLER: Hi click buy it now on this advert, ive just changed the price to £30 for you

ME: Done, thanks

SELLER: Ok so a 3/8 male screw in and a m10x1 male screw in, around 1100mm long?

ME: 3/8 UNF straight male to M10x1 (banjo connection) 1100mm long

SELLER: I did straight males on both end, male screw in is better than a banjo and a bolt fitting, messing with copper washers

ME: Straight end wont fit at clutch cylinder, need banjo

No reply from the seller yet Aaarrrggggghhh!

Don´t you read this forum?
furorecars sells custom hoses...
russbost used to run the company, they may be able to ease the pain if you don´t receivee what you need...
HTH.
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 26/9/17 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
+1 For Furore products. Helped me with my Rover V8 Clutch Master cylinder to slave hose. Which is a very random collection of connections.
russbost

posted on 26/9/17 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
What's more with Furore Products you can "build your own hose" on screen, I believe yours would be £19.45 + P & P, if you can cancel the existing order I would suggest have a word with Oliver 07905 879407 or info@furoreproducts.co.uk

Link to "build your own"

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
craigdiver

posted on 26/9/17 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
What's more with Furore Products you can "build your own hose" on screen, I believe yours would be £19.45 + P & P, if you can cancel the existing order I would suggest have a word with Oliver 07905 879407 or info@furoreproducts.co.uk

Link to "build your own"

Kicking myself :-(

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

nick205

posted on 26/9/17 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
You had THREE channels?

Yup - when I was a nipper we had 3 channels (and no remote control). I even remember Channel 4 starting although we couldn't tune in to it.

obuckle

posted on 26/9/17 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
The banjo fitting won't have a thread so no idea why he needed to know that but as people have said I can make the hose your after.

so 1x 1100mm 3/8 male swivel ---> 10mm banjo comse to £19.45 + P+P through the website, if you message me here with an email address I can send you a direct payment link (means I avoid a few fees) and I can do the hose for £18 + P+P.

P+P is up to you depending on urgency:

2nd class - £2.95
1st class - £4.95
special delivery - £9.95

Copper washers are included with the banjo fitting, banjo bolts are £1.50 for single and £2.50 for doubles should you need a new one for the banjo fitting.

All I would need to check is that the length is from the end of the male union to the centre of the banjo eye and get you to pick a colour for the line, you can see what colours I have Here

Message me if you would like to know more or purchase the hose

Regards
Oliver

Furore Products

Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike head to furorecars.co.uk

Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk

Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. https://furoreproducts.co.uk/custom-brake-hose

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
craigdiver

posted on 26/9/17 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obuckle
The banjo fitting won't have a thread so no idea why he needed to know that but as people have said I can make the hose your after.

so 1x 1100mm 3/8 male swivel ---> 10mm banjo comse to £19.45 + P+P through the website, if you message me here with an email address I can send you a direct payment link (means I avoid a few fees) and I can do the hose for £18 + P+P.

P+P is up to you depending on urgency:

2nd class - £2.95
1st class - £4.95
special delivery - £9.95

Copper washers are included with the banjo fitting, banjo bolts are £1.50 for single and £2.50 for doubles should you need a new one for the banjo fitting.

All I would need to check is that the length is from the end of the male union to the centre of the banjo eye and get you to pick a colour for the line, you can see what colours I have Here

Message me if you would like to know more or purchase the hose

Regards
Oliver

Furore Products

Thanks Oliver, coincidentally I should have my Acewell dash arrive today that I ordered from yourselves. I still need rear brake hoses so will measure up and order from yourselves.

Cheers

Craig

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

SPYDER

posted on 26/9/17 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
You had THREE channels?

Yup - when I was a nipper we had 3 channels (and no remote control). I even remember Channel 4 starting although we couldn't tune in to it.

I can remember BBC2 starting. God I'm old!
Even the 2 channels weren't on all day.

nick205

posted on 26/9/17 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
You had THREE channels?

I can remember BBC2 starting. God I'm old!
Even the 2 channels weren't on all day.

You've certainly surpassed me in the "back in the day" memories there!

Thinking back to our first "remote control" it was tethered to the TV with a cable. It worked, but the cable was somewhat too short for it to be much use.

ken555

posted on 27/9/17 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I remember the national anthem at the end of the night.

We also had "Late Call" on the local independent TV (Grampian) at the closedown, that became famous as last call by Rikki Fulton.

[Edited on 27-9-17 by ken555]

craigdiver

posted on 27/9/17 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ken555
I remember the national anthem at the end of the night.

We also had "Late Call" on the local independent TV (Grampian) at the closedown, that became famous as last call by Rikki Fulton.

[Edited on 27-9-17 by ken555]

Rev. IM Jolly - got to be one of the funniest things to have ever graced out TV screens.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

craigdiver

posted on 18/10/17 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Holy crap - AGAIN! AaaaRrrggggg

Right, ordered my rear brake hoses from a ‘different supplier’ (who won’t be named unless they don’t sort this s#!t out quickly without putting me out my way).

2 x brake hoses 475mm long, straight swivel male 10x1mm for the caliper and straight M10x1mm male bulkhead on the other end. Just received them and there both have FIXED (not swivel) bulkhead connectors on both ends. Why me?

Phoned them up and they want me to post them back and they will make up the correct ones. I questioned why I should pay for postage and they asked me to photograph the postage receipt and they will refund postage. THIS IS BOLLOCKS, I’M GOING AWAY FOR A LONG WEEKEND AND WON’T BE ABLE TO POST THESE UNTIL TUESDAY.

Rant over, thank you for listening - I’m feeling a bit better.

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

obuckle

posted on 19/10/17 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Craig.

I have asked you to send them back to me and i'll refund your postage yes as the fault was mine, I have apologised and am sorting the issue.

I am posting your new hoses today and they will be with you tomorrow, sort the return hoses when ever you can and i'll refund you when its sorted but you will have the correct hoses tomorrow before 1pm

I am again sorry for the mess up, entirely my fault.

Thank you for not putting my name in your post but the fault is mine and I will take the responsibility regardless

Thank you for your custom

Oliver Buckle
Furore Products

quote:
Right, ordered my rear brake hoses from a ‘different supplier’ (who won’t be named unless they don’t sort this s#!t out quickly without putting me out my way).

2 x brake hoses 475mm long, straight swivel male 10x1mm for the caliper and straight M10x1mm male bulkhead on the other end. Just received them and there both have FIXED (not swivel) bulkhead connectors on both ends. Why me?

Phoned them up and they want me to post them back and they will make up the correct ones. I questioned why I should pay for postage and they asked me to photograph the postage receipt and they will refund postage. THIS IS BOLLOCKS, I’M GOING AWAY FOR A LONG WEEKEND AND WON’T BE ABLE TO POST THESE UNTIL TUESDAY.

Rant over, thank you for listening - I’m feeling a bit better.

Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike head to furorecars.co.uk

Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk

Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. https://furoreproducts.co.uk/custom-brake-hose

craigdiver

posted on 19/10/17 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Oliver, never named you as you were very helpful.

Will get the hoses in the post to you asap.

Given this thread, you will understand my frustration.

No hard feelings and thanks for sorting out promptly.

Cheers

Craig

Volvo C30 T5 Polestar

obuckle

posted on 19/10/17 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
No problem and thank you but I'm big enough to claim when I made a mistake and will do all I can to fix it with as much ease and speed as I can.

Unfortunately mistakes do happen from time to time and as you say it is perfectly reasonable for your frustration given what has happened.

If your away for the weekend then post them when you get back, just remember to get proof of postage when you do as that will have the price of the postage on for me to refund, 2nd class large letter should be fine.

I hope the hoses work for what you need, let me know if you require anything else

Oliver
Furore Products

quote:
Oliver, never named you as you were very helpful.

Will get the hoses in the post to you asap.

Given this thread, you will understand my frustration.

No hard feelings and thanks for sorting out promptly.

Cheers

Craig

scudderfish

posted on 19/10/17 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bravo Oliver for putting your hand up. You'll be getting my order for some braided hoses later this winter.

Regards,
David

02GF74

posted on 19/10/17 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Bravo Oliver for putting your hand up. You'll be getting my order for some braided hoses later this winter.

Regards,
David

+1
Anyone can sell you stuff, you judge customer service on how any problems are dealt with and sorted.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.