Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: JK postage
pekwah1

posted on 17/10/17 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
JK postage

Hi Guys,

Maybe i'm being tight, i'm not sure.....
Quite interested in ordering some JK seats, they're pretty cheap at £240 for a pair, but they want £70 for postage and packing.
That's almost a 3rd of the actual product cost!

Had a bit of email exchange questioning it, but answer was that's what it costs...

I'm a bit put off with the additional postage cost, would you pay that?

Thanks.
Andy

CosKev3

posted on 17/10/17 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
After talking to Jordan and Keith when I collected my seats the delivery cost is due to them using someone they can trust not to damage the seats, and the amount of packing material/time to do it properly so they don't get damaged.

They said they had a lot of issues with damages in transit.

pekwah1

posted on 17/10/17 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
I ordered from them quite a few years back and postage was nowhere near this much....
I understand wanting the, to be safe, but at the same time thats a lot of money for posting....

CosKev3

posted on 17/10/17 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
They are pretty big though,over the maximum length any of the normal couriers will collect if you book on line.

Perhaps ask JK if they are willing to package them and you arrange a collection at your own risk?

The value of the seats doesn't really compare to the postage cost imo,so you are saying if you were spending £1000 on a pair of Tillets £70 postage would be OK?

posted on 18/10/17 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
Would you still buy them if they were £310 per pair, post free ?

Personally I would rather be charged a realistic p & p then I have the option to view and collect, plus save money.

Paul G

cliftyhanger

posted on 18/10/17 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Or go collect?
I really understand why they won't use the normal couriers. Usual issue, pay peanuts etc, and couriers are VERY difficult about damage/loss claims (or always have been with me, they sent some stuff to the wring address, refused to sort or even tell me where it went. I nearly took them to small claims, by a solicitor friend calmed me down and advised me it wasn't worth all the grief for a £50 loss,and I think that is what they rely on)

pekwah1

posted on 18/10/17 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments, yes I think the postage does tie in with what you're spending in the first place to some degree.
For example if we look the other way and it's £10 but £70 postage, it might not be worth it.

Of course the bits need to be protected etc, but just seems very steep at 70.

I would be happy to collect them myself if it wasn't a 10 hour round trip...

Well I guess I'll think about it a bit longer and then probably just stump up anyway as they are very good seats...

joneh

posted on 18/10/17 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I paid £50 for some Cobra seats to be posted from a guy off here and they arrived in a taped up bin bag. The seats arrived with scuffs on them that weren't clear in the photos so I'll only be using them as build seats for now.

£70 these days for proper packaging and safe delivery seems OK.

pekwah1

posted on 18/10/17 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, maybe I am just being tight then, just seemed a lot.
CosKev3

posted on 18/10/17 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
For example if we look the other way and it's £10 but £70 postage, it might not be worth it.

Yeah but if it was a pair of seats for £10 that are the same size/weight as a pair of seats that are £1000 the postage will be basically the same!!!
(Except slightly cheaper insurance)

sdh2903

posted on 18/10/17 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
I imagine the custom boxes they use are probably 10 quid each. Then it probably takes 30-60 minutes of someone's time to box them. Then the actual cost of shipping and insurance. Having dealt with JK a few times I'd suggest that if they are charging 70 then it's costing 70.

Problem is there's lots of tat out there which gets shipped for peanuts ie from eBay and Amazon that we get used to.

swanny

posted on 18/10/17 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
if any members could get them to the midlands i'm happy to bring them down a bit nearer to you next time i'm in bournemouth
adithorp

posted on 18/10/17 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I collected a seat from then a few months ago and they were packing some up for sending while I was there. I can easily believe that it takes an hour to do each one having seen the way they do it. I did question them about it and he said it's the only way they can prevent having issues with seats being damaged in transit.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

kingster996

posted on 18/10/17 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Mine were packaged up extremely well - very satisfied with the service JK offered.

You can see why it cost what it did and they arrived totally undamaged and safe. I even used some of the left over packing materials as it was like a thin rubber matting!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

obfripper

posted on 18/10/17 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
My seats from JK were extremely well packaged, i'm still using up the packaging foam for various things as there was a ton of it between the boxes and seats, the foam they used is like toolbox drawer liner but a touch thicker/stronger and would probably cost 20 quid for a roll on its own.
The 2 packaged seats were stretch wrapped into 1 massive package, and were in unmarked condition when delivered.
I did consider collecting them at the given price,but tbh it would have cost me 40 or 50 quid in fuel and a day of driving.

Dave

pekwah1

posted on 18/10/17 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought I'd give a final thing here...
Jordan thought that I wanted all the extras, base mounts pads etc, but is just the bare seats in after.
Postage has now actually dropped from £70 to £35 as a result.

I had actually already given payment with the £70 postage so very honest of them and as usual very pleasant to deal with both Jordan and Keith.
Best of all I'm getting some more JK seats again which are superb!!!!
Good times!

kingster996

posted on 19/10/17 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Just thought I'd give a final thing here...
Jordan thought that I wanted all the extras, base mounts pads etc, but is just the bare seats in after.
Postage has now actually dropped from £70 to £35 as a result.

I had actually already given payment with the £70 postage so very honest of them and as usual very pleasant to deal with both Jordan and Keith.
Best of all I'm getting some more JK seats again which are superb!!!!
Good times!

You can't fault that kind of service and honesty!

I love my JK's and would buy another set in a heartbeat if I ever needed to.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.