Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Introduction
Kevinjrob

posted on 23/2/19 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Introduction

Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself. Have recently bought a formula 27 wide independent chassis and plan to build using a supercharged rx8 engine gearbox. Am sure I will be posting again asking for help but wanted to say hello first. Thanks Kevin
40inches

posted on 23/2/19 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard. You may be interested in this thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/36/viewthread.php?tid=181522&page=2
flak monkey

posted on 24/2/19 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard....

And yes, be careful with forced induction on the rotaries... doable but expect short rotor tip life

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Kevinjrob

posted on 24/2/19 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Thanks for the info and advice. Considered the jag v6 myself but was told the gearbox wouldn't fit in the tunnel on a 7. Have you used the jag box or a type 9? Just thought that rotary engine (light,powerful, small and very rev happy) would suit a 7, but have realised the rx8 engine is a very complex little monster. Have spoken to someone in the know with rotary's at racing beats and am following his advice. Been told the key to boosting rx8's is low back pressure and avoid detonation at all costs. So went with a rotrex supercharger rather than turbo. Not looking for crazy hp but rather around 300 wheel hp. Long way from engine issues though at the moment it's just a bare chassis with some half attached suspension.
40inches

posted on 24/2/19 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Used the Jag box, very small and light, a small mod to the tunnel to get it right back, but would be ok without.
Look in my photo archive for loads of photos

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.