Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: cad programs
mooselogic

posted on 20/1/03 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
cad programs

1.. anyone know of any web sites with FREE down loadable programs.
or
2..could anyone copy their's onto a cd or email a copy.

don't want to fork out £150- £2500 for a program if i don't have to.

don't mind parting with a little cash but not stupid amounts of my build budget.

any help will be much appreciated..................... thankyou

chrisg

posted on 20/1/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I use Turbocad LE mate,

It's free at:

http://www.turbocad.com

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 20/1/03 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Dick Axtell

posted on 20/1/03 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Have you tried opening up any AutoCAD drgs in TurboCAD? I've been told that there is supposed to be compatibility. If there is, I have some interesting detail drgs.

Dick

chrisg

posted on 20/1/03 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've just been using it as a self contained package so far Dick, maybe you could send me a sample drawing and I'll try it.

Cheers

Chris

chris@gibbs111.fsnet.co.uk

[Edited on 20/1/03 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 20/1/03 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
I use Turbocad 6.5 and it opens most cad files inc. autocad files usually with no problems. It was a freebie on a mag cover, all you had to do was register on the web.

Dick Axtell

posted on 21/1/03 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi PTM,

Howya doin'? I've got AutoCAD r14, which was offered for free !!! Went back to college yesterday a.m., just to get a little more instruction (free so far). Their system uses A/CAD r2002. This has a few more "bells & whistles", which would be useful at professional level, but I can manage without for home/hobby purposes.

Much more importantly, had a dekko at their m/c shop & welding facilities. I may well sign up for a welding course.

Dick

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Liam

posted on 23/1/03 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
I woke up this morning and found that my computer had 'accidentally' downloaded AutoCAD 2002 all by itself with a popular file sharing client that I must have 'accidentally' left opened overnight. Whoops!

I decided to write it to a CD and keep it for evaluation purposes only.

I wouldn't mind sending you a CD if you too are interested in evaluating the package. I also have the Learning Assistant CD although that is for 2000 (probably pretty much the same though).

Lia...er Anonymous Poster

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dick Axtell

posted on 24/1/03 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I've just been using it as a self contained package so far Dick, maybe you could send me a sample drawing and I'll try it.

Hi Chris,
Did you get the AutoCAD sample drawing I sent? And did it load into TurboCAD successfully?
It may be that drgs have to be transferred in DXF format.

[Edited on 24/1/03 by Dick Axtell]

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

chrisg

posted on 24/1/03 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dick,

Sorry for the delay, I've been trying to open the pic, but no joy so far.

Whats the process for changing to DXF?

Cheers

Chris

mooselogic

posted on 26/1/03 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi liam... I did look at autocad 2002 until i saw the price ( bloomin fortune£££££££) so if you could possibly send a copy it'd be great.(only for evaluation purposes naturally)
I've finally got my choice of engine, running gear, and overall look sorted in my head all i need to do is sit at the computer for a few hrs...(weeks more likely) and get it all planned.

i've e-mailed my address. much thanks

79 civic

posted on 23/2/03 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
autocad

i have the 2003 and the 2002i editions of autocad they are pretty much the same if anyone wants a copy i'll be glad to send one to you.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.