Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Do I need help?
Strandy

posted on 24/3/03 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Do I need help?

I've wanted, for some time, to build a Locost but currently other commitments are preventing my from doing so... And, as I'm sure you are aware - not being able to have something makes you want to have it all the more!

When ever I'm at my local scrappy I keep a keen eye out for cortinas but, apart from one ex banger racer, i've not seen one! So why is it i've seen four in the past week on the road - all in very good nick? They're taunting me and I can't help not having nasty thoughts - I want these cars and I want to cut them up for bits!

I'm being driven to distraction here and need direction...

:: sTrAnDy ::

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark H

posted on 25/3/03 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Strandy, mate.

If you've got a garage, the worse you can do is buy a donor, cut it up for bits, decide not to go ahead, then sell the bits on.

Cost - from nowt to a small profit.

If time is the main problem, it will hurt to have a pile of locost bits you can't play with (and the nag quotient will rise dramatically).

If skill is another limiting factor, consider a part built one.

There must be some other S Wales builders you can meet up with. Try "Clubs & Events".

Welcome to the madhouse either way!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

jonti

posted on 26/3/03 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
The first thing you should do is join your local locoholics anonymous group. There you will be invited to sit in a circle (ooh er missus) and face your fears. They usally begin with you introducing yourself and saying loudly something like "my name is Strandy and I'm a locoholic". Field trips will be arranged so that you can see locos and donors and get used to being around them without feeling or touching them so you can be weaned off your fixation. In time you'll recover.
Or , BETTER PLAN you could save up and buy an IRS chassis £500 ish and then look for your donor with renewed vigour (there's plenty of £50 Sierras about) and build one.
Whatever you do though, don't take any physcological advice from the nutters in here. We're all mad...mad MAD I tell you !!!! Infamy ! Infamy ! they've all got it in fer me !
Cheers and good luck
J.J

OFROK

Jon Ison

posted on 26/3/03 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Jonti.....top post, you eat words for breakfeast ????

Strandy

posted on 26/3/03 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
ahh, all sounds like pretty level headed advice so far - cheers!

But you'll never believe it - saw anothe 'tina today! You wouldn't think it but Newport (SW) is a little cortina hot bed!

:: sTrAnDy ::

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark H

posted on 28/3/03 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Sure there all not the same one?!

Anyway, when you have your mind on something suddenly everyones got em....

Can your other comittments be changed?

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.