Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: new cars
MrFluffy

posted on 8/9/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Terry, ive got a nice bellhousing adaptor and a 1600cvh that cures all motor woes, but will result in severe cold shoulders at vw meets
I have a type2 camper too, and on that fighting rot has overtaken the ease of maintenance so its a no win situation!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 9/9/03 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrFluffy
Terry, ive got a nice bellhousing adaptor and a 1600cvh that cures all motor woes, but will result in severe cold shoulders at vw meets
I have a type2 camper too, and on that fighting rot has overtaken the ease of maintenance so its a no win situation!

I know what you mean about the cold shoulders!
I use'd to take a very active part in the VW scene (involved in the fun runs, marshaling at events,etc). After deciding to use a non air cooled engine in my kit I thought at one stage I might be "stoned" as the original sinner!

You learn a lot about vehicle repairs and welding if you're involved with VW's tho', so not all bad!

Terry

Spyderman

thekafer

posted on 9/9/03 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hey TERRY, WHATS IN THE RS60??

If I were'nt busy not building a locost, a 550 spyder or rs60 would be my next choice. Great looking and driving cars!

So, what do you have for an engine?

Fletch

Spyderman

posted on 10/9/03 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'm rebuilding it (or will be when I finish sorting the garage out) with Toyota MR2 running gear.
That is why I keep creeping around AlanB and SteveG for tips!

Terry

Spyderman

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.