Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Crimping Tool
highspeeddirt

posted on 19/9/03 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Crimping Tool

Just been to my local B&Q Warehouse to get some more ali when I saw they sell the ratchet type crimping tool for pre insulated terminals. At £20 it was about the price I'd seen them for in various catalogues so I was picking out some little packets of terminals to use when I noticed they do the same crimp in a box with 450 different type terminals for £24, bargain. So I got that. This has to be one of the best tools I've got. Usually I use a cheap crimping tool and I'm forever having the terminals fall off again and the whole thing is very frustrating, it is the reason I've been putting off wiring up the dash for about a month. But I just spent two happy hours cutting wires and fitting terminals and now the dash is nearly done.

So sometimes it is worth getting the right tool for the job and not trying to make do.

Steve

eddie

posted on 19/9/03 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
If its the one that looks like a set of mutated mole grips, then i agree, damn fine kit, every builder should have one

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stu16v

posted on 19/9/03 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Leccy terminals from Premier Wiring and a soldering iron. Not one crimp on my car....

Oh yeah, and and a load of heat shrink insulation......

[Edited on 19/9/03 by Stu16v]

Dont just build it.....make it!

andyd

posted on 20/9/03 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stu16v
Leccy terminals from Premier Wiring and a soldering iron. Not one crimp on my car....

Oh yeah, and and a load of heat shrink insulation......

Yeah, that's what my auto-electrician mate told me to do. He told me off for buying the insulated crimp tool and told me to be a real man and solder!

Andy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.