Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: DRIVERS adopt a BUILDER scheme :)
FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
DRIVERS adopt a BUILDER scheme :)

After reading Boggles thread it had me feeling sad too Do not read this thread if already depressed.

So it led me to think. If you can sponsor/adopt an endangered animal, Adopt a retired greyhound, a child in Africa etc.. then.........

Why not Drivers adopt builders and vice versa.

Here how it works..

Your a builder and your car isn't finished yet or off the road, your losing sight of why your doing it and your not getting a fix or fun from a drive. You may have hit bad times and had to sell your car and don't have one any more then here's what you do...

You post your details on here and a kind enthusiastic member with a running car gets together with you and takes you out for runs. I suppose if its long term you could even arrange between yourselves to share fuel and insurance costs so you could also drive with liability for damage/accidents covered. this way you keep your goal in sight and encourages you to get on with the build the best way you can.

In some cases (like me) you'll find a driver only without too much clue about maintenance/Mods/repairs etc who you could adopt to help out with in return for getting you out and maybe putting you on the insurance.

It would also encourage us to meet more people with the same passion for building/driving these wonderful little cars.

Just an idea but I think it could work.

Anyone need to get out near Chorley/Preston Lancashire then just U2U me and I may adopt you hahaha.

Chris.

Guinness

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent idea.

My mate Carl used to take me out in his Caterham whenever I was feeling frustrated by my build.

If I get this cooling problem solved, I'll happily adopt.

Mike

Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
kinda like a f**k buddy............... but with kit cars!!!!
FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
If it took off and there was enough demand we could ask Fozzie to do a sticky with a list of Drivers and locations who want to be adopted so at any time anyone is in need they no where to go on here to find someone.

[Edited on 23/4/10 by FFTS]

Chris.

FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
kinda like a f**k buddy............... but with kit cars!!!!

EEERrrrrrrrrrmmmmm!!!!!

NO!! NO!! NO!! haha

With that in your mind what better way to have you not want to participate.

Chris.

coozer

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Well, on the same kind of line I was looking for a fuel sponsor now I have two cars that both do less than 25mpg.

Something along the lines of 40p a mile perhaps?

Any idle rich folk keen to help out?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
I have lost count the number of sevens that come to my workshop......If there is any lost souls in East of Scotland that need help..just call.

I need help myself due to my health issues, but if you point me in the right direction I can help you out technically as well as machining or modification or source of parts
Dave1881 is a mine of mx5 info from zetec
and macspeedy is pinto to a zx12 conversion how to man.
phoenix has done a ms conversion so we will ask him nicely on the how too`s

FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Well, on the same kind of line I was looking for a fuel sponsor now I have two cars that both do less than 25mpg.

Something along the lines of 40p a mile perhaps?

Any idle rich folk keen to help out?

Coozer... see Paul Tiger B6 comments above and I'm sure he'll buy your fuel for you

Chris.

55ant

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

kinda like a f**k buddy............... but with kit cars

and less akwardness.... i assume.

im more than happy to take anyone out for a spin, as long as a pinto engined 7 will do! im in hertford, i may get worried if you ask for a picture of me before though

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

alistairolsen

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Im in glasgow and soon to be in portsmouth and Id love a spin, Im probably a third of the way through my build and Ive never even sat in a finished one

My Build Thread

flak monkey

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Same here happy to take people out for a ride or just help if they are reasonably local

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

welderman

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I also take peep's out for a spin in the kit cars ive had/have if they wanted a ride.

Ive also been known to let them drive, did i ever tell you that a member from here drove my MK the wrong way up the dual carriage way outside my works !.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

whitestu

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ive also been known to let them drive, did i ever tell you that a member from here drove my MK the wrong way up the dual carriage way outside my works !

He does indeed sound like a member!

speedyxjs

posted on 23/4/10 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
This is a great idea! I would happily pay fuel and beer money for a passenger ride and the extra motivation of finish the bodywork!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

tomgregory2000

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I would be more than happy to take people out for a spin in mine in southampton ish area (once ive finished the tweeks and got it reliable(fixed the oil leak))

tommy

mcerd1

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
I have lost count the number of sevens that come to my workshop......If there is any lost souls in East of Scotland that need help..just call.

I good for motivation for now - what I need is time.....

I'm still building just as slowly as ever
but assuming I do eventually get it on the road, I'd also be happy to help out other people

[Edited on 23/4/10 by mcerd1]

-

eddie99

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
I Think its a great idea. Once on the road would be happy to help others...

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Vindi_andy

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Id be happy to take people out as long as a ford twincam powered 4 seat LSIS is acceptable.
FFTS

posted on 23/4/10 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
I Think its a great idea. Once on the road would be happy to help others...

But don't forget that this is to work when your not on the road too, so at the moment you could be up for adoption for someone to take you out until yours is sorted

Please vote in the pole and leave comments as to wanting a permanent sticky as a list of adopters and adoptees. Here POLL LINKY

Chris.

russbost

posted on 23/4/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I think Gavin has already adopted Eddie99
I would happily offer anyone a run in my car at any mutually convenient time - I don't want anything in return other than to tell other people how marvellous it is!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
boggle

posted on 23/4/10 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
russ, i would be interested in a ride in yours at some point.....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

eddie99

posted on 23/4/10 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
russ, i would be interested in a ride in yours at some point.....

+1

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

Dangle_kt

posted on 23/4/10 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, put me down. My little fireblade seven is well up for it!

I'm in merseyside, so anyone is welcome for a ride at a mutually convienient time.

eddie99

posted on 23/4/10 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I think Gavin has already adopted Eddie99
I would happily offer anyone a run in my car at any mutually convenient time - I don't want anything in return other than to tell other people how marvellous it is!

And he hasn't adopted me, no car to keep me going

Benzine

posted on 23/4/10 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vindi_andy
Id be happy to take people out as long as a ford twincam powered 4 seat LSIS is acceptable.

Am I local enough?

My car is coming along well but I've not been out in a kit since last summer!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.