Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My bad day :(:(:(
daviep

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
My bad day :(:(:(

Started by losing my wallet complete with all my credit cards, driving license and the tax disc for the locost.

Then spent 2 hours trying to return a hire car 5 minutes down the road. There had been 4 seperate accidents and the police had several roads closed. Got stopped by three seperate coppers and not one of them said anything about the lack of front number plate or tax disc. Guess my luck hadn't completely run out at this point.

Then opened a kitchen cupboard to find that mice have been having a party, so much for having a cat.

Decided to take locost out for a blast and ripped a hole in the sump

Serves me right for not fitting the shortened sump I bought a year ago. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. Hopefully got it stopped before I knackered the engine.

Moan over

Davie

JoelP

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
you know how the song goes?!

ten fingers, ten toes, two ears, a nose, hoorah, hoorah! It could always be worse

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

bi22le

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
I feel for you. I lost my wallet for the first time in my life just after christmas, I was gutted.

At least your low points happened in a three so your safe to enjoy the rest of your week!

On another note, love your avatar. I would never of been the one to take the photo!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

l0rd

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
Started by losing my wallet complete with all my credit cards, driving license and the tax disc for the locost.

Then spent 2 hours trying to return a hire car 5 minutes down the road. There had been 4 seperate accidents and the police had several roads closed. Got stopped by three seperate coppers and not one of them said anything about the lack of front number plate or tax disc. Guess my luck hadn't completely run out at this point.

Then opened a kitchen cupboard to find that mice have been having a party, so much for having a cat.

Serves me right for not fitting the shortened sump I bought a year ago. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. Hopefully got it stopped before I knackered the engine.

Moan over

Davie

There are several things you can do in order to make your time most efficient.

Call the bank to report the lost cards, Call DVLA to issue you a new tax disk, Replace the sump with the new one, go hunting for the mice with the old sump.

I would also make the cat redundant for not doing it's job properly. Buy a mouse trap instead (as efficient as a cat, less expensive as you do not have to feed it, take it to the vet, insure it)

Well, At least tomorrow will be a better day

daviep

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
quote:

Moan over

Davie

There are several things you can do in order to make your time most efficient.

Call the bank to report the lost cards, Call DVLA to issue you a new tax disk, Replace the sump with the new one, go hunting for the mice with the old sump.

I would also make the cat redundant for not doing it's job properly. Buy a mouse trap instead (as efficient as a cat, less expensive as you do not have to feed it, take it to the vet, insure it)

Well, At least tomorrow will be a better day

Yeah I cancelled my cards straight away.

The mouse traps are installed, the missus went in a strop when I suggested that we stop feeding the cat.

The car is up on blocks and the new sump ready to fit.

I'll sort the tax disc tomorrow, maybe

MakeEverything

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Or dig out the 12g and go after the cat. Its quicker than starving it to death, but a bit messier....

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

l0rd

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah I cancelled my cards straight away.

The mouse traps are installed, the missus went in a strop when I suggested that we stop feeding the cat.

The car is up on blocks and the new sump ready to fit.

I'll sort the tax disc tomorrow, maybe

Hmm

Stop feeding the missus as well then

blakep82

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, my cat brings mice in, then gets bored of them and lets them run away...

Description
Description

cat couldn't work this one out, so he lost interest pretty quick. left it to me to get the mouse out...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

daviep

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hmm

The last time I suggested that she could probably do with missing a meal or two turned out not to be a good day either

Gordy

posted on 24/5/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sore one mate, did the same to my sump a couple of weeks ago when i went airborne over a hump heading to Linlithgow and my sump had already been shortened! anyway Dave look on the brightside you could live in Fife
Andi

posted on 24/5/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
As days go, that is a pretty sh**y one.
I once found a wallet with £130 in, a couple of cards AND.. the pin numbers jotted down on a piece of paper.
I handed it into Lloyds and they sent me a thank you and a rather attractive ballpoint pen.

So you never know

norfolkluego

posted on 25/5/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
hmm, my cat brings mice in, then gets bored of them and lets them run away...

Description
Description

cat couldn't work this one out, so he lost interest pretty quick. left it to me to get the mouse out...

Look at the shape of the 'cat'
Triangular furry head with whiskers on the end, that's a giant black rat mate, god knows how big the body is, mark my words you've been done by the pet shop

zetec

posted on 25/5/10 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
After blind panic of losing my wallet for a couple of hours, and trying to remember what cards were in it, I sat down and made a list of all the card numbers and who I need to call to cancel/renew them!

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

iank

posted on 25/5/10 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Hmm

The last time I suggested that she could probably do with missing a meal or two turned out not to be a good day either

As a positive that comment made my day

On the radio last night there was a psychologist who'd done some experiments and a picture of a baby in your wallet makes it significantly more likely that it will be handed in to the police/back to you (something over 80% you'll get it back! iirc).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.