Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which harnesses.
paulf

posted on 22/8/02 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Which harnesses.

I need to buy a pair of 4 point harnesses for my car and am undecided as which ones to get and where from.
Demon tweeks sell willans and luke g max in short rear strap type and the willans have the reverse adjusters but are more expensive. Is there somewhere with more sensible prices for good quality harnesses? I dont mind paying for quality but Demon are always over the top with there prices.
Are there any other makes worth looking at?I assume that the bolt in type are probably neater than the westfield clip on fitting.
Paul.

locodude

posted on 22/8/02 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sabelt are probably best for value and usually have an offer on at shows which include pads for same price 5000 miles and no probs as yet. I paid £40 each inc pads @ stafford '01. And yes chrisg I did buy my OMP posers gloves @ Stafford'02 from the same guy!
Chris PTM
p.s. They come with new bolts also!

David Jenkins

posted on 23/8/02 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
And yes chrisg I did buy my OMP posers gloves @ Stafford'02 from the same guy!
Chris PTM
p.s. They come with new bolts also!

What... the gloves have bolts?!

David

philgregson

posted on 23/8/02 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst on the harness question -

I seem to remember reading somewhere about someone failing SVA through having competition style quick release buckles on the harness in thier car and were told that they need the type with a seatbelt type buckle.

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me before I go and spend money on the wrong thing.

Cheers

phil

philgregson

posted on 23/8/02 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
thier - I mean their!
ChrisW

posted on 23/8/02 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
someone failing SVA through having competition style quick release buckles...

That's true - you must have the same fixing you'd expect to find on a car seatbelt. It's definatly an MOT requirement so I assume SVA is the same.

Try SCA Race and Rally for harnesses. They stock the same sort of stuff as Demon Tweeks but at better prices. They're on www.sca-racerally.co.uk although the site isn't too good so might be best to phone them.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 23/8/02 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
TRS do a good belt too, almost any coulor you want.....reverse lap straps too...
i'm happy with mine.......

johnston

posted on 23/8/02 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
dont no if its true or not and this came from a guy in rally preperation buisness...

apparently compition belts full stop all illegal if you go by the letter of the law somethin to do with not giving enough movement i.e. to reach the demisters and such

ChrisW

posted on 23/8/02 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
TRS do a good belt too,

Should've mentioned that myself - mine are TRS 3 point in rurple to match the car! Had no problems with them at all.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 23/8/02 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks jon do they have a website or phone number?.
Paul.
quote:
TRS do a good belt too, almost any coulor you want.....reverse lap straps too...
i'm happy with mine.......

paulbeyer

posted on 23/8/02 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
What are reverse lap straps?
Jon Ison

posted on 24/8/02 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
the adjusters for the lap straps are by the buckle rather than down by the anchor point where in a 7 you can't get near them cos there hiding.......does that make sense ?

bought my TRS thru Ears motorsport @ macclesfield, don't ask me why, but they where cheaper than TRS direct.....strange but true........

interestedparty

posted on 24/8/02 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

bought my TRS thru Ears motorsport @ macclesfield, don't ask me why, but they where cheaper than TRS direct.....strange but true........

Manufacturers have to be very careful not to undercut their retailers if they have a direct sales dept. Most work on a theoretical recommended price, the retailers are free to discount it but the manufacturers are not.

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.