Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Replacing zx9 C engine with E engine what needs to be changed
bowood14

posted on 3/12/11 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Replacing zx9 C engine with E engine what needs to be changed

I am fed up with gearbox issues with my zx9 c engine/ gearbox done 2 now! Thinking of changing to e engine/gearbox whih aparently has a better box does anyone know what mods need to be done I want to keep as much of the original running gears as possible ie carbs wiring also if anyone has one for sale let me know

[Edited on 3/12/11 by bowood14]

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/12/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I think the wiring is different around the carb area. I think.
Wadders

posted on 3/12/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just need the 'E' Cdi to go with it. Rest is interchangeable.

Al

You will need the Cdi plug as well to splice into your existing loom.

Originally posted by bowood14
I am fed up with gearbox issues with my zx9 c engine/ gearbox done 2 now! Thinking of changing to e engine/gearbox whih aparently has a better box does anyone know what mods need to be done I want to keep as much of the original running gears as possible ie carbs wiring

[Edited on 3/12/11 by Wadders]

wylliezx9r

posted on 3/12/11 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
The only difference between the c & e gearboxes is the detente spring as far as I know. Just replace the spring, I did that on mine and it has been fine so far and I don't take it easy.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

ginger ninja

posted on 3/12/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I've done this change from C to E for the very same reason, and it has thus far been the right decision and we use it for track days.

differences are

E series has no cam sessor on cylinder head - simply dont connect wiring/ tape up out of way.
The carbs go straight on
The exhaust ports on the E are slightly larger, but the manifold clamps are the same - you could get the E series exhaust and weld on the larger ends to match the exhaust port size, but we didnt bother, stuck with the C series exhaust (still made 147 BHP on rolling road).
The ECU is different, as is the plug. We soldered the E series plug to the C loom (kept C series plug on so that we could plug in either ECU though not both together to allow the option of our spare C engine.)

Everything else is OK

I recently bought an E series low milage package but only need engine. If you need the loom (for the ECU plug) and ECU u2u me, will be cheaper than the bay prices.

need any more help let me know.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.