Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car hyas a misfire/'bogs down' under acceleration
lordbenny

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Car hyas a misfire/'bogs down' under acceleration

When accelerating, especially hard my engine initially 'bogs down' before responding properly. It drives ok under 'mild' acceleration but as soon as it get the beans it struggles.

I have very recently had it set up by Sanspeed so cant understand why this is happening.

2.0 Zetec
45mm Dellortos
New plugs

Is it more likely to be electrical than fuel (jets etc)?

Could it be leads?

scutter

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be looking at fuel filter first, ie. it can handle a mild demand but is too clogged to full bore accels.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lordbenny

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scutter
I'd be looking at fuel filter first, ie. it can handle a mild demand but is too clogged to full bore accels.

I've got a standard Malpassi regulator with a new filter inside. Can they be easily adjusted?

v8james

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure the pump jets are working in all carbs.
jacko

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordbenny
When accelerating, especially hard my engine initially 'bogs down' before responding properly. It drives ok under 'mild' acceleration but as soon as it get the beans it struggles.

I have very recently had it set up by Sanspeed so cant understand why this is happening.

2.0 Zetec
45mm Dellortos
New plugs

Is it more likely to be electrical than fuel (jets etc)?

Could it be leads?

Why not ring Sanspeed and let them sort it or was it running ok after they set it up ?
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lordbenny

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko

Why not ring Sanspeed and let them sort it or was it running ok after they set it up ?
Jacko

It wasn't running perfectly before and doesn't run perfectly now (I've done less than 100 miles since I got it rolling roaded for £140!!!). One of the reasons I took it there in the first place was to sort this issue out!

I did ring them and they told me to drop it down but didnt say it'll be free. To be honest...

a) I thought I might be able to cure the problem myself

b) I dont want to throw any more money at Sanspeed especially if its an easy fix.

Oddified

posted on 29/3/13 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8james
Make sure the pump jets are working in all carbs.

+1
And if they are, you may need to go up a size.

Ian

mark chandler

posted on 29/3/13 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
If you take the filters off and look into the bell mouths of the carbs when you yank the throttle to full open you should see a squirt of fuel blasting into the engine. On each barrel, this is needed on carbs that do not have dampers such as SU's as the mixture will immediately weaken when you initially a accelerate.

Rolling roads set the mixture at constant speeds so if you have someone who usually deals with EFI then they may not have corrected this aspect or understood how to set up.

Regards Mark

sky12042

posted on 29/3/13 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Had the same problem on mine, changed the plugs and runs fine, but also check the pump jets and that the washers and o rings are ok, mine was perished so when giving it the beans fuel would leak out of the o rings rather than into the carbs.

Andy.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.