Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternator voltage regulator
Bigkiltedwarrior

posted on 22/4/16 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Alternator voltage regulator

Hi,

I think I may have fried my voltage regulator in my denso type Cargo alternator. Everything was working fine with charge light on with ignition on and then off with engine running. Charge was about 14.5v. The main charge cable to the battery became loose and I think the regulator may have fried. I now have the charge light on with engine running, very little voltage out of the charge light pin on the alternator but the battery is still charging with 14.5v.

I was going to buy a new regulator but looks like there are 12v versions and 14v versions. Any idea on which one I should get? Or should I just ignore the light and go by my voltmeter?

Thanks
S

unijacko67

posted on 22/4/16 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember the same issues, my understanding is they are sold as 12v as it's a 12v system, but seem to be set at 14v or near. Try to get a look at the spec sheet.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bigkiltedwarrior

posted on 28/4/16 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Bought a new 12v voltage regulator from Phoenix Components and fitted it today. Problem fixed and charge light now going out when engine is running. Pretty straight forward fix.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.