Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice please
Toys2

posted on 4/7/17 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt80
Brilliant, thank you for your comments. The guy told me he had recently painted those parts. I don't have a pic of the dashboard but as far as I can see it is from an old ford. He put a bucket seat on the drivers side for himself but his wife wanted the original left for her. The drivers side is on runners.

Do try to get us some pictures of the dash and engine bay if you can, they are 2 areas that demonstrate the attention to detail of the build

If you go for it, please do drop the drivers seat onto the floor, it would look so much better (IMO of course )

CosKev3

posted on 4/7/17 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
I would go with 4k max value,if the engine is healthy and installed neatly.

Odd seats and the various areas that are rusty are my reasons for a lower valuation.

If you wanted to get it back into a nice rust free car there is quite a lot of hours of work to be done!

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 5/7/17 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
looks pretty tidy to me - again not a trained welder though. A bit of surface rust, but nothing that cant be sorted fairly easily.

Belts, seats and shocks look fairly weathered - has it lived outside?

Get some engine bay pics up.

matt80

posted on 5/7/17 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, the car had only done about 90 miles in 6 years as it was just sat there. The guy who is selling it went to Birmingham to pick it up on a trailer. He then got it back up and running. As far as I know it was never stored outside.......Still don't know what to do though, damn I wish I could make a decision!
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 5/7/17 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
how does it drive?
matt80

posted on 5/7/17 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Seems to drive well to me. Goes like a rocket, stops very quickly. Thanks everyone for the advice again
SCAR

posted on 5/7/17 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
BAD POINTS
miss match seats, original donor dash, some superficial rust, fairly old build, unknown chassis origin, unused for 6 years,
GOOD POINTS
some good spec parts.
looks tidy
runs well
Worth what someone is prepared to pay.
FOR ME that would be £3.5k Fit a better dash sort the seats, clean and paint the rusty bits and its £4.2k

[Edited on 5/7/17 by SCAR]

matt80

posted on 5/7/17 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Just received this info....
Just looking through the paperwork. Seems that the clocks when the car was built were showing 29160 miles. Now showing roughly 34500. Also looks like the build completion date was 2000/2001

matt80

posted on 5/7/17 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Here some more pics. If you guys could give me your opinions I'd be very grateful, thank you.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 6/7/17 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Duct tape on the dizzy is a bit odd!

Install looks ok, but as said a fair amount of surface rust. Has it stood for a long time?

Dash is pretty old school and would benefit from replacing. Shocks aagain look quite tarnished - sure it hasn't lived outside for a while? Also look like zeemax which are pretty budget.

5k seems a bit steep. A well sorted locust needing nothing is around that mark - I've bought strikers, luegos, and furys for less or a little more in recent years.

Have you had a look what else is available for your budget?

For example check out eBay no 282516779935 or 322578219190

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.