Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield whats it worth
adam1985

posted on 1/6/18 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield whats it worth

Hi all im after a little advice, long story short i may be looking at a westfield and want some advice what to look for and possible prices.

Westfield sei wide 1.6 16v 4age about 20 years old was for sale 2-3 years ago for 5.5k but never sold and has been under a tarp ever since and not turned over etc.
Ive seen a picture of it and it DID look a nice car but am going to meet the owner to take a proper look at it.
It is road registered on q plate and has been hill climbed

Obviously chassis condition is going to be one of the main things to check, and im thinking anything else can be replaced if needed but cost will have reflect this.
What are these engines like?
Any ideas of rough value?

CosKev3

posted on 1/6/18 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Under a tarp is not good for seven type cars if it's outside.

If it needs a full strip down and chassis/wishbones refurbishing I reckon 2500-3000 depending on spec of parts fitted,brakes/coilovers etc.

If it doesn't need to go back so far to refurb chassis circa 3500.

adam1985

posted on 1/6/18 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thats what i was thinking to be honest, any ideas on those engines? Are they well suited to a 7?
CosKev3

posted on 1/6/18 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Never used one myself, but IIRC they are good in a seven yeah.
Light and rev highly
Another thing to consider is if engine is seized/stuck,those prices I put above were if the engine turns freely, if not look at getting it for quite a bit less

adam1985

posted on 1/6/18 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant thanks for the help, will update this post once i know more
Angel Acevedo

posted on 2/6/18 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have you checked on Build Diaries the guy thats restoring one, he lists expenses and time in his Youtube videos.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 2/6/18 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
The 4age is a great engine, tho' a little heavy, they rev to around 7500 which is phenomenal for a standard car engine, if it's using the original Toyota alternator there's every chance it will have seized, it's something they were quite prone to even when in regular use, if that's the case then obviously the engine will not turn easily & if it does start you'll very quickly have a smell of hot rubber & a knackered belt! If the engine isn't spinning over freely, just get someone to crank it while you watch the alternator pulley to see if it's spinning

If it's been outside under a tarp it's gonna have plenty of surface rust on any exposed steel & likely mildew probs with seats/trim etc., anything wooden is likely to have warped, you could get yourself a bargain, or you could buy a bucketload of trouble, needs a careful look over

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
owelly

posted on 3/6/18 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
And check the V5!! Make sure it accurately describes the Westfield!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.