Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CX-5 Warning light after recall
joneh

posted on 26/11/18 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
CX-5 Warning light after recall

Morning all.

Just had a drive train recall done on my 64 plate CX5 and after an additional 70 odd miles it now flashes a warning "Vehicle System Inspection Required" with the red triangle of doom.

It disappeared after a 15 minutes of driveway idling.

Any words of wisdom before Mazda open? Supposed to be taking the kids to Lapland UK this afternoon. (100 mile round trip).

Ta
Jon

nick205

posted on 26/11/18 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know the vehicle or Mazda's to be honest, but if it's just been to for a Mazda recall is there not a chance it's a symptom of something the dealer's done (or not done) during the recall work?

Does the receipt/paperwork for the recall work not state that there's some form of warranty (mileage or time)?

After just 70 miles I'd be heading strainght back to the dealer that did the recall work and asking them to look at it (some drivers may live a 70 mile round trip from a Mazda dealer).

64 plate indicates late 2014 so 4 years old - does the car not have a mileage/age warranty from new?

joneh

posted on 26/11/18 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Mazda are going to scan it tomorrow morning.

There was no paperwork given with the recall, so will see what they say.

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/11/18 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh

I'm assuming they updated the service book that the recall work had been done?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 26/11/18 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by joneh

I'm assuming they updated the service book that the recall work had been done?

Indeed, as the owner you must have some record of the recall work being done. When you come to sell/part-ex the vehicle it will be valuable to prove the work has been done.

joneh

posted on 26/11/18 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Mazda use a digital record, can't see anything on there yet. Will check with them tomorrow.

It's on my list to do, they dropped the car back to me after the recall and I was surprised that there was no paperwork. Outstanding Recalls are listed on the gov website so I assume it'll be cleared off there at some point for any future buyer.

nick205

posted on 26/11/18 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Probably worth your while taking print outs of the website then so you have a paper record for yourself and any potential buyers.
joneh

posted on 27/11/18 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
So, it turns out the software update also applied some new criteria for triggering warning lights. One of which was a failing brake vacuum pump. On the DVSA site, it shows that my VIN number has been recalled due to issues with the pump and should be replaced. Mazda say its not applicable to my car, hence why I've not been notified of this issue. Either way, Mazda are covering the full cost which is great.

On the CX-5 the pump is driven mechanically, by the engine (not belt driven) so I'd like to know why its failed. On the earlier 2013 CX-5 the camshaft wasn't properly hardened and tiny flakes of metal caused the turbo bearings and brake vacuum pumps to fail. My VIN is outside the range for this issue, so hopefully not the cause. Interestingly despite being a known fault, Mazda didn't recall the cars for this. I believe most failed by 40,000 miles and were picked up by Warranty. Mine has 46K and is out of warranty...

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to the mechanic and see if he's got any ideas. I did an oil change this year and didn't see any fillings but didn't stick a magnet in it. Probably a good idea to drain some oil out and leave a strong magnet in it over night. I can't remember if the sump plug had one built in. If it did, it was clean.

nick205

posted on 28/11/18 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
An interesting development.

I'd be looking to check the oil with a magnet (as you suggest). Engine turbos, brake vacuum pumps (sourcing and fitting) are not £0.10 jobs so better to make sure rather than be stranded without wheels and saddled with an unwelcome repair bill.

RussH

posted on 14/12/18 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
My MY16 CX5 is in for this recall next week on 84k, fingers crossed....

Duratec Westfield

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.