Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emerald K series ECU views??
r1_pete

posted on 15/1/20 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Emerald K series ECU views??

What are people’s views of Emerald K3 ECUs.

Have chance of one reasonably priced, half the pre vat list price, would be to run a 1991 engine so no frills needed.

I’ve no experienc of Emerald only Megasquirt / Tunerstudio, so wondered how good / bad / indifferent they are.

Cheers.

[Edited on 15/1/20 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Myke 2463

posted on 15/1/20 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
My k3 has been in constant use since 2009 when set up by Dave walker in hot / cold / dry / wet weather summer and winter and never missed a beat.

After sales is very good, just ring them and they will sort you out. Just keep dry like all ECU's.

Be Lucky Mike.

40inches

posted on 15/1/20 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
What are people’s views of Emerald K3 ECUs.

Have chance of one reasonably priced, half the pre vat list price, would be to run a 1991 engine so no frills needed.

I’ve no experienc of Emerald only Megasquirt / Tunerstudio, so wondered how good / bad / indifferent they are.

Cheers.

I think Emerald are Jools ECU of choice Pete

r1_pete

posted on 15/1/20 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps, I’ll go for it, has to be better than 1980s EEC Technology too

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 15/1/20 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Cheers chaps, I’ll go for it, has to be better than 1980s EEC Technology too

On highly modified engine yes but even the early versions of Rover MEMS were pretty good because they use a MAP sensor as the main fueling sensor and that makes relatively flexible to engine changes. You can make big changes to the airfilter, throtlebody without it upsetting the air-fuel ratio.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

r1_pete

posted on 15/1/20 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
The EEC 4 my engine used doesn’t have map capability, used maf air temp and tps....

The Emerald can be configured for a map sensor, which is the plan now, it has a few user defined ports so may also look into maf.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 6/2/20 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
What car / engine are you putting the Emerald on?

If your referring to Ford EEC then the Emerald would no be "better", its only advantage is its laptop mappable.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
r1_pete

posted on 6/2/20 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance
What car / engine are you putting the Emerald on?

If your referring to Ford EEC then the Emerald would no be "better", its only advantage is its laptop mappable.

It’ll be going on a 24V Ford BOA V6, in a Reliant Scimitar, I did have the EEC-IV, and had the majority of the pinouts identified, but the Emerald came up, and I ended up a few ££ up on selling the EEC and loom I’d made.

Still trying to figure how MAP works, seems its a trim on top of TPS rather than instead of.....

40inches

posted on 6/2/20 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Still trying to figure how MAP works, seems its a trim on top of TPS rather than instead of.....

Give Jools a call Pete, he is the Emerald man locally

BaileyPerformance

posted on 7/2/20 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote

Emerald defaults to Alpha N, with MAP compensation on top. We have mapped a couple of turbocharged BOBs on K6.

You do not "need" MAP if your running NA, you can map the engine on TPS only. From memory you cannot change the primary fuelling to MAP only, i'l take a look later.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.