Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How to heel and toe
pekwah1

posted on 1/5/20 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
How to heel and toe

Hi guys,

I really want to heel and toe in my striker but the footwell is so small there is literally no room to swing my heel at all from the brake pedal to be able to mash the throttle.

I have thought about just using the side of my foot, but the gap between the pedals is too large and can’t hit both of them together. I’ve been looking at trying to bring the pedals closer together but at the moment can’t see and obvious way to do this short of chopping and welding.

What are other people’s experiences of heel and toe in their cars, anyone with a striker I’d be especially keen to hear from!

Thanks
Andy

steve m

posted on 1/5/20 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Ive done it Andy, by mistake! going round a sharp left hand bend with full brakes and 3/4 throttle at the same time !!

I couldn't take my foot of the brake pedal as I was going to fast on the bend,

I never want to be in that situation again !! and reason, I was wearing the wrong shoes, they were too wide

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

AdamR20

posted on 1/5/20 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Something doesn't quite add up there - the footwell area is too small to move your foot across to the side, yet the pedals are too far apart? Any photos? Normally it is one or the other, rather than both

Normally I would use the ball of my foot on the brake then the outside edge on the throttle.

Here's a really old video when my technique was a bit clunky - you get the idea though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDepDpO_P-8

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/5/20 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
A bit ot but trying this in a modern car is quite funny as the computer does not let you press both pedals at the same time without quite dramatic effects

I think it was after Toyota had their run away throttle problem...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pekwah1

posted on 1/5/20 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, I’ve just gone and had a sit in the car in the daylight again...

Here’s the pedal box, the main issue is space to the right hand side:

And with my giant feet, the problem is that when I try to bridge the gap between the pedals and then rotate my foot over to press the throttle my ankle is basically smacking the side panel / chassis rail on the right.

I did just have a play around adjusting how forward/backward the throttle pedal is which feels like it’s already made a bit of difference....

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/5/20 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
well the throttle is just a easily bent bar, maybe take it off an bend it so it's closer to the brake? that will also lower it towards your heal too so you don't need to twist your foot so much.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 1/5/20 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
The se? In the 90s all us kids had them!

[Edited on 1/5/20 by coyoteboy]

pekwah1

posted on 1/5/20 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Haha takes me back!!! Actually I might even have a set of something similar in the garage!

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
The se? In the 90s all us kids had them!

[Edited on 1/5/20 by coyoteboy]

Shooter63

posted on 2/5/20 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Just bend the throttle over a bit, but the height between the pedals when you are braking is also important, you don't want the pedals set up so you have to take pressure off the brake to H&T , once you have the height distance thing sorted you will be surprised how quickly you get the hang of it, after a while you do it without thinking about it. Left foot braking, now there is a different can of worms.

Shooter

peter030371

posted on 2/5/20 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I made a simply pedal cover out of bit of thin Steel sheet that just bolted on to the existing pedal to get it closer. It was a similar shape to this alloy one https://images.app.goo.gl/ddFMkDuu7CSpaHMN7 I then just blip the throttle with the side of my foot

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.