Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: linking smoke alarms
John G

posted on 18/6/23 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
linking smoke alarms

My garage is about 35 metres from the house, can anyone reccomend a smoke alarm that can link to an alarm in the houseR
Regards, Jon

JoelP

posted on 18/6/23 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hard wired with a length of 3 core between them would seem the most reliable way. I don't trust wireless stuff.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

nick205

posted on 18/6/23 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Have to agree, I'd hard wire it with appropriate armoured/fire proofed cable back to the house. By all means have a wireless backup, but I'd rely on hardwired.
cliftyhanger

posted on 18/6/23 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John G
My garage is about 35 metres from the house, can anyone reccomend a smoke alarm that can link to an alarm in the houseR
Regards, Jon

Too far for wireless. So hard wired.
BUT what is the purpose? Smoke alarms are there to warn you to get out of the house. If the garage goes up in smoke, you will either be in there doing stuff, in which case a simple stand alone smoke alarm is all that is needed.
Or do you want a warning that the house is on fire when you are in the garage? If you want to know your garage is on fire when you are in your house, I guess it may be helpful, but for most of us there will be so much flammable stuff I would hesitate to get too close.

[Edited on 19/6/23 by cliftyhanger]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.