mookaloid

posted on 10/9/06 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I use this:

linky

Cheers

Mark

hexxi

posted on 10/9/06 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
You need some kind of image editing software for that. If you haven`t got any go to www.download.com and get paint shop pro.

(I have older version of the program than is now downloadable so I`m not 100% sure if this all applies to the newest version)

First open the picture. In the upper menu there is IMAGE and then choose RESIZE. After resizing choose file-SAVE AS. As format choose JPEG and then push OPTIONS button. Choose as compression factor something like 35. Then OK and save.

That way the quality of photos remains still good but the images take considerable less disk space and download time.

JoelP

posted on 10/9/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
ms paint can do it too, most computers will have this installed already. Image, stretch/skew, and type in a percentage.
JamJah

posted on 10/9/06 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
If I dont have to go into Photoshop Cs for imaging editing of any kind, then I often get lazy and just usethe 'Email this picture' button in 'Files and Folders' on Windows Explorer. Note: you have to turn off the folders view to get this option.

Certainly dead quick if you need to run off more than 2 or 3 pics at a time.

Once you have them in the email program right click and press save as...

Yep just two steps!

chockymonster

posted on 10/9/06 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamJah
If I dont have to go into Photoshop Cs for imaging editing of any kind, then I often get lazy and just usethe 'Email this picture' button in 'Files and Folders' on Windows Explorer. Note: you have to turn off the folders view to get this option.

You can download the Powertoys resizer from the Microsoft website. It does exactly the same as the email wizard but in one less step. Just right click the picture(s) and click resize.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sacal

posted on 10/9/06 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
The king of all small/free easy to use image viewing/editing software

Irfanview

David Jenkins

posted on 10/9/06 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'd forgotten Irfanview... it really does work very well, and it's officially free (i.e. not a dubious copy that shouldn't be available, or an old version issued as a tempter).

David

[Edited on 10/9/06 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.