Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dead ipod :(
mcerd1

posted on 14/5/08 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
dead ipod :(

my mums killed her ipod somehow - won't turn on without the charger and with it all you get is a big red 'X'

its a 5 month old 80Gb ipod classic - so it went back on the warranty - but they say it has some water damage (must be a tiny amount of water if thats the case - like a single drop)

so whats worth trying next ?

Hellfire

posted on 14/5/08 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
if it 'could' be water then you have no case. If you're sure it's not then explain to them it's impossible with your believable explanation and it will be repaired under warranty. Personally, if I suspect they are trying it on I just dig my heels in more and rarely back down... we usually reach an amicable solution. Regularly repairs for free but rarely I pay for part of the repair.

Steve

bpgoa

posted on 14/5/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
a good plan is to ask for evidence... at least you'll know where you stand before you fight the fight... putting them down in the grass is a bugger for water ingress!!!

On and On the River flows... We the Undertow

Bluemoon

posted on 15/5/08 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Having you on. Without having it apart I can't believe they can tell (unless you can see water inside though the display!).. The CPU is obviously working so I doubt it is water damaged..

Dan

westcost1

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
dead battery ? maplins sell replacements think there is a vid on youtube showing how to change it.
mcerd1

posted on 15/5/08 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
they had it for a day or so - so I assume they took it apart ???

anyway shes going on holiday tomorrow so she wants a new one tonight - I'll deal with the old one later

can anyone recomend a case for one of these things

David Jenkins

posted on 15/5/08 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe the battery has one of those water-indicator stickers like you see on mobile phone batteries.

My phone battery's indicator went bright red - possibly due to its being involved in a 40-degree wash and rinse!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.