Board logo

New Year and I've got a new love.............
red22 - 3/1/14 at 08:47 PM

I'm in love

mmmmm

drool

hubba hubba

ooohhh plans

Not normally a BEC fan but i think i could make an exception. Interestingly it was designed and built by a couple of schoolboys in 1929. If you fancy more of the same you might want to take a look HERE but be prepared for a long read cos there's 255 pages to wade through.

mookaloid - 3/1/14 at 08:50 PM

mmm cute

Wheels244 - 3/1/14 at 08:55 PM

Not normally my sort of thing but......

I do like that !

red22 - 3/1/14 at 09:02 PM

And then IVA comes along and ruins what should be a match made in heaven for me

balidey - 3/1/14 at 09:34 PM

Now thats nice.
Kid these days would call that a 'steam punk 7'

computid - 3/1/14 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
Now thats nice.
Kid these days would call that a 'steam punk 7'

It is nice, but no, we wouldn't.

nick205 - 3/1/14 at 09:59 PM

That's in Beaulieu (sp?) motor museum and one of those cars you just want to get in an drive

Dingz - 3/1/14 at 10:16 PM

Is that John Bolsters 'Bloody Mary'? I saw it many years ago and thought it was wonderfully bonkers.

red22 - 4/1/14 at 12:15 AM

Yep it is Bloody Mary. I'm going to have to make a trip to Beaulieu to see it in the flesh.

JC - 4/1/14 at 06:01 AM

wow, followed that link and ended up in the world of cyclekarts - there must be people in the UK doing these! Click if you want to be tempted

speedyxjs - 4/1/14 at 10:37 AM

Saw that at Beaulieu on Monday and thought it looked really nice

StevieB - 4/1/14 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JC
wow, followed that link and ended up in the world of cyclekarts - there must be people in the UK doing these! Click if you want to be tempted

Hmmmmm - that would make a great basis for a race series, something between karting and car racing.

red22 - 4/1/14 at 11:50 AM

A little more info on Bloody Mary HERE. Some excellent quotes.

I think they already race cyclekarts although seems to be more of a trials type event. I did have some links but appear to have lost them. They were all found via THIS THREAD or via a link of a link from there.

Its really annoying as I found a really helpful UK site that gave instuctions on how to build them and where to buy the parts and how to convert honda c90 wheels for car use.

Found the LINK for the parts catalog.

MikeRJ - 4/1/14 at 12:32 PM

I'm sure someone on here was into cyclekarts. They look like a huge amount of fun, but sadly nowhere near me to race them.

iank - 4/1/14 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I'm sure someone on here was into cyclekarts. They look like a huge amount of fun, but sadly nowhere near me to race them.

TheGiantTribble
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=183016

SALAD - 4/1/14 at 01:02 PM

I used to work at said museum and it is pretty cool when you see it...and hear it!

StevieB - 4/1/14 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Having a place to use it is the age old problem.

I suppose if a handful of people made them and turned up at the same hillclimb/sprint to enter any class it would fit into, you'd have a mini competition going, or ask a kart circuit to give you some time for a race.