Board logo

first visit to stoneleigh - cash or cards
craigdiver - 30/4/18 at 09:10 PM

Visiting stoneleigh for the first time and looking to spend some money picking up a few bits and pieces. Do I need to bring a wad of cash or are a lot of the sellers geared up to take card payment (or are there cash machines on site)?

Thanks

adithorp - 30/4/18 at 09:20 PM

Most take cards but mobile card terminals quite often have issues connecting so cash is often better/faster. There is a cash machine on the site.

craigdiver - 1/5/18 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Most take cards but mobile card terminals quite often have issues connecting so cash is often better/faster. There is a cash machine on the site.

great, thank you

ian locostzx9rc2 - 1/5/18 at 06:17 AM

As said bit of both all the major suppliers have credit card machines and smaller stalls cash only I think there’s a charge to get cash out of the machine at stoneleigh.

nick205 - 1/5/18 at 08:20 AM

Not been to Stoneleigh for a few years, but I take cash to such events. Last time I went I collected the GRP bodywork from MK Sportscars (without issue), but I'd already paid for it beforehand.

Avoid problems where some traders may not be setup for card payments.
Avoid possible charges for using on-site cash machines.
Keep life quicker and easier, but make sure you get paper receipts for things in case of any issues.

Shooter63 - 1/5/18 at 10:16 PM

quote:

Are you sure about that, I was at race retro earlier in the year and over heard a guy asking a member of staff about cash machines and was told there are non on site.

Shooter

adithorp - 1/5/18 at 11:01 PM

There's been one there every year I've been (10+yrs). It's a stand alone unit (so might not be permanent) near the entrance to the main halls.

nick205 - 2/5/18 at 08:33 AM

quote:
There's been one there every year I've been (10+yrs). It's a stand alone unit (so might not be permanent) near the entrance to the main halls.

Sounds like it'll charge you £2-3 to withdraw cash from it though!

craigdiver - 2/5/18 at 11:12 AM

thanks for all your advice, think ill just bring cash