Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who ate all the pan-cakes ?
SJ

posted on 28/2/17 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I had one in Boulogne a couple of weeks ago. Made with buckwheat with cheese, ham & an egg, and not half bad. Especially with a nice glass of beer. None today though.
slingshot2000

posted on 13/2/18 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote

Old thread, no apologies; I started it . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

How many ?
What toppings ?

Bluemoon

posted on 13/2/18 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
None for me Next year?
Benzine

posted on 14/2/18 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 5/3/19 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Come on then, it is that time of year again! Got to keep up these old traditions.

Who had pancakes tonight, how many and what toppings ?

Angel Acevedo

posted on 5/3/19 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe everybody is trying to add lightness....
Or trying to improve Power to Weight ratio...

Me, I ate like a pig today (3:32 PM still) I don´t think I´m having any...
Unless something good appears in the horizon...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 5/3/19 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Lemon juice and sugar x 2
slingshot2000

posted on 25/2/20 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Who had how many tonight
Fillings etc?

steve m

posted on 25/2/20 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
None for us, as it smacks of religion, and that starts wars, and tomorrow is lent, another total waste of time day, and should be banned

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

coyoteboy

posted on 26/2/20 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Nooo get well soon!

I had 4 Nutella. On Sunday, because not about Tuesday. Then 4 more on tuesday as plans got cancelled.

I don't understand savoury pancakes.

sdh2903

posted on 26/2/20 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
None for us, as it smacks of religion, and that starts wars, and tomorrow is lent, another total waste of time day, and should be banned

Jesus. Trust the resident grumpy old man to put a downer on eating a few pancakes. Lighten up

coyoteboy

posted on 26/2/20 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Pfft as a thoroughly atheist person I can confirm that I will and do use any chance for a celebration and to have fun...

02GF74

posted on 26/2/20 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

So you insist your boss let's you work on good Friday and Christmas day? Some how I doubt it.

You can't have your (pan) cake and eat it.

steve m

posted on 26/2/20 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Come on guys, it was meant as a semi joke, as I am sure we are all adult and wise enough, that Jesus and his "friends" was a ladybird book, writer 2000 years ago, on a bit of sand stone, as some fable to tell the kids,

and as for the question

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:

So you insist your boss let's you work on good Friday and Christmas day? Some how I doubt it.

You can't have your (pan) cake and eat it.

Yes, I have and worked every bank holiday, from 1979-2015 as I worked in aviation, at Gatwick, and aviation doesn't stop for a holiday like normal life, nor Police etc, in the years my kids grew up, I was on a day off xmas twice , there 37 and 43 now

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

sdh2903

posted on 26/2/20 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I too work in the industry and I'm calling you out on that statement. By the law of averages I cop for about half of the bank holidays which doesnt bother me although I've copped for 4 out of the last 5 christmases. So I dont see how you could have worked every bank holiday and every christmas bar 2 over a long period?

Unless you volunteered for them for the extra wonga that is.

steve m

posted on 26/2/20 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, maybe half of the bank holidays, but xmas, honestly, ive only actually been totally off for two in 40 ish years,
ive come off nights into 25th, or worked nights 24t and 25th, so around xmas day, but virgin atlantic changed the shifts around so much, you couldn't plan more than 3 months in advance, ive done 2 earlys, two lates, 2 off, then changed to 3 lates 3 earlys, 3 off, then back to 2 dys 2 nights 4 off. and then in 2016 I took redundancy, and have all the bank holidays etc off !

Shift work is a PITA

steve

sdh2903

posted on 26/2/20 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know it has its perks. I've worked some dreadful patterns including the horrendous BA seven day shift. But luckily now been on 4 on 4 off for the past 15 years and it's great for the time off, although 12 hour summer night shifts can be grim.

Any ways back to pancakes........

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.