Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: snowboarding
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 31/7/04 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
snowboarding

thought i would start a new thread about this, save hijacking chaz's engine cleaning thread

to reply to james yes it was fook'n awesome, i went in march to soll in austria and it was brill, end of season the slopes were empty, and the weather was baking, we were boarding to the food places then stripping off to sunbathe there were women boarding in bikinis and stuff!!

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

marc n

posted on 1/8/04 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
i was introduced to snowboarding 5 years ago by chance. And after my first visit i have been hooked, would never consider going on a summer holiday again, best place so far has to be whistler, awesome slopes, great people, the only downside was the 14 hour flight.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scutter

posted on 1/8/04 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
I agree, boarding rules.

Fell into the same trap as James though went boarding took three mornings worth of lessons and then tried to race a skier down a blue run, the result was a detached clavicle(must learn to straighten up after corners).

Waiting for the repair job before I go again.

All the best Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
yes i did the lesson thing too, the group i went with where all very experianced boarders and skiers so enrolled in ski school, but after ten minutes of running round the board clapping hands i canned that idea and swapped my week of ski school for an personal instructor for the day, within two days i was out and about with my friends and keeping up no probs, on the third day did the womens downhill and the mens and have not looked back since, anybody who is thinking of going, do it, it will be the best holiday you have had. But i would reccomend getting a personal instructor for the day instead of crappy ski school for a week, same price !!, and you will learn more

p.s look out for the mogals if your on a board especially if travelling at speed

whats the point of the damn things anyway

[Edited on 1/8/04 by marc n]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.