Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: am I being unreasonable?
scimjim

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
compromise - agree to a single garage or shed if you can rent nearby storage?

I ended up with the house SWMBO wanted, with a single garage at the end of the low maintenance garden (thanks to patio and decking) and a 10m x 20m secure barn nearby

wombat

posted on 20/9/13 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Did the same thing 6yrs back, I wanted double garage and no garden, she wanted en-suite and large kitchen. Compromise was double garage and some garden, with large kitchen and no en-suite. Bliss .......... Nah..... But as close as ya gonna get....
BenB

posted on 21/9/13 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
A garage. Pah. Round here a single built in garage is like gold dust. Double garage- forget it! I have to settle for a lock-up garage 20 minutes drive away

Although built-in garages are regularly eyed-up as the first place to covert into extra living space when people start running out of space by that time you'll be so under the thumb the kit car will have gone a long time ago. So why worry

owelly

posted on 21/9/13 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. If you both want different things from your house, just buy two houses. One each.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 21/9/13 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
You've put in one requirement. If she thinks you're being unreasonable ask to see her list of requirements and to highlight the most important one. Then go find a bunch of houses to see that doesn't have it and see if it's unreasonable then.

Ivan

posted on 22/9/13 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Discussed this with wife - she feels your wife was wrong to even look at houses that didn't meet both your needs - was inviting disappointment and should live with it and start over with the search with wisdom gained.
smart51

posted on 22/9/13 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
My other half recently played the opening gambit of 'let's move house' by saying "that one's got a double garage and that's for sale. She knows what is needed to persuade.

Peteff

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
The reasonable alternative is to fit patio doors to the living room and park the car there so can be admired (and kept in prestige condition)

And you can sit in it and watch the telly, everybody's happy.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

theduck

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Not unreasonable at all. My wife knows that to get me to ever move the house must be detached and have an existing garage. Ideally a large double, if not, them an existing single with space to build a large double with workshop and clean room. This way the kit can be moved and be at home from day one but I can still get the size garage I want.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.