Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Boiler/tank replacement cost?
Simon

posted on 10/10/13 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Boiler/tank replacement cost?

Folks

Am toying with the idea of having boiler (proposed Ideal Logic + 18 kw) and hot water tank (new one will be 1050 x 450) replaced along with thermo valves on rads (6 off) and new Honeywell remote controller.

Bit confusing cos a friend is a plumber and has quoted me £620 to do tank and rad valves (possibly a bit steep on price but could be £350 on parts - so best part of £300 for a day's work!) and the rest by his gas reg'd boiler chum. Boiler I reckon is £850 ish, the remote another £100 ish (allow another £150 for sundries) and he wants £1940 + vat !! There will also be a powerflush in there somewhere too.

Is that about right? We have another co coming Friday for another est. Brit Gas wanted £4.5k!!

Cheers

ATB

Simon

mookaloid

posted on 10/10/13 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know where you are in the world but round here I can get a boiler/cylinder system replaced with a decent combi and the pipework altered with new rad valves etc for about £2K plus VAT depending on the individual installation of course

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

loggyboy

posted on 10/10/13 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Paid 1k to an old mate for a new system boiler last year, all in with 3 (possibly 5) yr warranty. Cash of course.

Mistral Motorsport

mark chandler

posted on 10/10/13 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
How about this Simon

Get rid of the old rubbish, extra rad to replace the hot water tank in the airing cupboard and this boiler will provide hot water at full mains water pressure all day long (had one before, they are great) an watch the heating savings roll in.

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/potterton-titanium-33-heat-pack

Delivery is a week.

That still leaves your mate two days to swap the boiler and rads out, although You could do these yourself and just get him to fit out the boiler.

The old copper tank has value so weigh it in.

Regards Mark

Not Anumber

posted on 11/10/13 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Buy the boiler off the internet and have it delivered to you house. Look through the local paper for gas fitters who do landlord work (they are competitive). Ring a few up ask them their daily rates, play them off against each other. Save a fortune. Dont use British Gas for new installations unless you enjoy paying double to subsidise their call centres, shareholders and TV adverts.

Locost_col

posted on 11/10/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Don't fit an ideal. You will regret it. Really poor quality boilers and expensive when they do fail.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Minicooper

posted on 11/10/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Bosch Worcestor combi boiler fitted included powerflush and wifi thermostat it was £2,217 all in

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.