Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which android phone and which case
dave r

posted on 8/11/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
which android phone and which case

so whats the best android phone/case combination for someone who walks around with spanners in the same pocket, and spends half his day groveling around on the floor ?

suggestions please

I'd love to give my imaginary friend a great big hug,

but this jacket makes it impossible.

ash_hammond

posted on 8/11/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Galaxy S4 with this cover.

Link

You can answer the phone with the cover closed.

Add a .99p screen projector for added protection.

[Edited on 8/11/13 by ash_hammond]

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

luke2152

posted on 8/11/13 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave r
so whats the best android phone/case combination for someone who walks around with spanners in the same pocket, and spends half his day groveling around on the floor ?

suggestions please

I've got a motorolla defy mini with no cover. Quite small for a smart phone. Has substantial water resistance and it is tough as nails but not so user friendly. The touchscreen is not very precise and the phone is generally slow. The gorilla glass is crack resistant but doesn't seem to be scratch resistant. Has survived some big drops and also an inadvertant 5 minute swim.
Durability is worth the compromise for me and it was cheap as well

computid

posted on 8/11/13 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
An iPhone with one of these is how I went:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone-5/survivor-iphone5

It works a treat and has survived some pretty serious incidents including being run over by a Vauxhall Insignia (the case broke, but the phone was fine!).

MK9R

posted on 8/11/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Google nexus 4. Can't understand why these are more popular, best android phone out there as its built for jelly bean and it's 1/3 the price of a galaxy ( my wife has the s3 I have the nexus 4). £200 buys you the phone out right, no contract or tie ins. I curse the day we got tied into the s3 deal, reckon over the 2 years I will be £500+ worse compared to buying a nexus!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 8/11/13 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid

It works a treat and has survived some pretty serious incidents including being run over by a Vauxhall Insignia (the case broke, but the phone was fine!).

Not as tough as this one

britishtrident

posted on 8/11/13 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Don't waste money, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. latest model in the Ace series a good capable phone that fits well in the pocket.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 8/11/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid

hello..... the o.p. asked about a A-N-D-R-O-I-D phone and not the biggest piece of dog turd on the planet that is ANY apple product....

but typical answer from an apple sheep baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

matt_gsxr

posted on 9/11/13 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
Google nexus 4. Can't understand why these are more popular, best android phone out there as its built for jelly bean and it's 1/3 the price of a galaxy ( my wife has the s3 I have the nexus 4). £200 buys you the phone out right, no contract or tie ins. I curse the day we got tied into the s3 deal, reckon over the 2 years I will be £500+ worse compared to buying a nexus!

Nexus 4 was good, no longer made (now Nexus 5 and £300). Reason the 4 didn't sell as many as it could was that they weren't available when people wanted them.

giffgaff or ovivo for network if you want to keep costs down.

MK9R

posted on 9/11/13 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R

Nexus 4 was good, no longer made (now Nexus 5 and £300). Reason the 4 didn't sell as many as it could was that they weren't available when people wanted them.

giffgaff or ovivo for network if you want to keep costs down.

Nexus 5 will replace my 4 when the time comes, but 12 months on its still as good as new.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Scuzzle

posted on 9/11/13 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
If you expect it to get wrecked I'd just have a cheap handset for when working and a better one for when not. It's criminal when a nice high end smartphone gets all scratched and scraped.

Or there's always the JCB Toughphone

http://www.jcbphone.co.uk/handset-range

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.