Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tips for Stoneleigh
Banana

posted on 17/4/17 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Tips for Stoneleigh

Hopefully going to Stoneleigh for the first time this year, so just wanted to hear any tips or advice for the weekend.

My main concern is the potential queues, so was thinking of camping nearby and getting there early before the rush. Although i see they have a kit car only entrance, so maybe it won't be too bad...

So anyone else going? Even the other half is looking forward to it, although i had to buy a better tent as part of the deal :/

melly-g

posted on 17/4/17 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Camping on site from the Saturday.
Have a good sleeping bag, as it normally gets bloody cold at night! And I mean below freezing type of cold!!
Above all have fun, there's normally plenty to see and buy.
I'm camping from the Saturday as usual with a load of the east anglian tiger owners, come see us and say hi.
Just thought I'd better add it only costs £5 for the driver of a kit car to camp for the weekend, not sure about the passenger?

[Edited on 17/4/17 by melly-g]

ReMan

posted on 17/4/17 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
queues arent normally too bad to the "kit car" entrance
never camped my self i live too close but its a good (the) show to do
Take a big bag of money ;-)

[Edited on 17/4/17 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

chris

posted on 17/4/17 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
if you camp outside stoneleigh you will miss all the fun
rusty nuts

posted on 18/4/17 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
I will be aiming to get there Saturday around lunchtime , in the past we have been able to look around the halls before the show opens
nick205

posted on 18/4/17 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Not camped or taken a kit myself so can't really comment on staying on/off site. Can't imagine it's that long a queue to get in though and as mentioned above I'm sure the evening atmosphere on site makes it more worthwhile than tootling to somewhere else. I went years ago (2004/5) in a Transit had a good look around and collected my MK Indy bodywork from MK. Reasonable show and I'm sure somewhere you could spend a wad of cash if you're inclined. I went for the MK bodywork and to have a look - not spend money I didn't have.
Banana

posted on 18/4/17 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Oh im defiantly staying on site, that looks half the fun.

So we can get there on the Saturday and camp on site? That makes sense.. i thought it was Sunday night only.

[Edited on 18/4/17 by Banana]

mcerd1

posted on 18/4/17 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
its been a couple of years since i made it down now

camping info here:
http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/camping_and_entertainment.php

and the show guide here:
https://issuu.com/grapevine/docs/stoneleigh_showguide_2017?e=1050305/46422766

the only real question is who your going to camp with / next to...
most folk who are bringing kits with them will end up camping on which ever the club pitch they intend to leave the car at for the Sunday/Monday
(see the back of the guide above for the club pitch details and the map)

most folk are pretty friendly, but of course it does help if the guys on the club pitch know your coming before you start pitching your tent next to them

[Edited on 18/4/2017 by mcerd1]

-

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 18/4/17 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
As said tent and warm sleeping bag as it's always cold torch and some food I don't camp anymore but I'll be there on Sunday and maybe Monday it's you want to camp on the Rawcus pitch 11b I organise your more than welecome should have about 12 cars on the Sunday and 6 + on the Monday I think there maybe a few camping aswell.
FASTdan

posted on 19/4/17 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
visit the danST Engineering stand

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
davspeed

posted on 19/4/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Just in case anyone else is interested I called the organizers to find out if dogs are allowed on site. They are but only to all outside areas which I think is fair enough. It just means that my mrs will now come along with me.
coozer

posted on 19/4/17 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Arrive Saturday afternoon, pay, drive in, park your car and pitch your tent. Take the tent down Monday dinner time and head home skint and sunburnt.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Nathsx

posted on 19/4/17 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Coming down from Scotland on the Saturday for the Sunday show, hopefully it will give a good insight into the world of kits.

Im currently saving hard for a BEC , do any of the main manufacturers offer test runs? obviously i dont expect to drive but id love a run in a BEC to see if its for me or not

Are there normally many Trade stands there on the day?

[Edited on 19/4/17 by Nathsx]

mcerd1

posted on 19/4/17 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nathsx
Im currently saving hard for a BEC , do any of the main manufacturers offer test runs? obviously i dont expect to drive but id love a run in a BEC to see if its for me or not

not normally - but you can always ask them before you go and they may be able to arrange something out of hours...

if not you might be able to persuade one of the owners to take you out for a spin if you ask nicely

quote:

yes lots for cars and parts - see the guide in the link above ^^^

[Edited on 19/4/2017 by mcerd1]

-

Nathsx

posted on 20/4/17 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:

not normally - but you can always ask them before you go and they may be able to arrange something out of hours...

if not you might be able to persuade one of the owners to take you out for a spin if you ask nicely

quote:

yes lots for cars and parts - see the guide in the link above ^^^

[Edited on 19/4/2017 by mcerd1]

Anyone feeling extremely generous and fancy taking me out in a BEC at stoneleigh? ill cover fuel obviously.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.