Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay Question
myke pocock

posted on 6/5/17 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
ebay Question

I am having trouble with a buyer on ebay who bought something from me, it was delivered and I can track the delivery all the way but he claims it wasnt delivered. My question is, I have looked at his feedback as a buyer. He has 49 positive ratings from sellers but when you read them, three actually say non payer. Why leave positive for non paying or is it that sellers don't want any negative feedback subsequently left by the buyer?
benchmark51

posted on 6/5/17 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
If you sent the item and can prove it was delivered, signed for, then don't worry about it. Let them open a case with ebay. If the carrier says they delivered it then you can do no more.
Slimy38

posted on 6/5/17 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
I am having trouble with a buyer on ebay who bought something from me, it was delivered and I can track the delivery all the way but he claims it wasnt delivered. My question is, I have looked at his feedback as a buyer. He has 49 positive ratings from sellers but when you read them, three actually say non payer. Why leave positive for non paying or is it that sellers don't want any negative feedback subsequently left by the buyer?

It's so biased towards buyers nowadays that it's positive or nothing. It makes a complete mockery of the whole thing.

But as mentioned, if it's tracked then Ebay will consider it a simple case and tell them to go away.

Toys2

posted on 6/5/17 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benchmark51
If you sent the item and can prove it was delivered, signed for, then don't worry about it. Let them open a case with ebay. If the carrier says they delivered it then you can do no more.

I agree with this, I'm a big ebay seller, I try to protect my feedback, but not to the point of having the "P" taken out of me

My advice is to stay ultra polite, only use ebay for communicating, no private emails, texts etc
Remember that everything that you write can be read by eBay's resolution team

I'd send a polite email back saying that you can't understand as you have proof of delivery, keep on with that reply and gently point them towards raising a case. Paypal should go in your favour
My wife has had negative feedback removed from her account when the buyer was unreasonable and she could show, through all of the emails that she was legit

The worst that can happen is that you will have to refund them, but then you can claim it back from the post office, assuming that you were suitably covered, how much was the item and how did you ship it?

[Edited on 6/5/17 by Toys2]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.