Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS Oulook - Sent Mail?????
Dick Axtell

posted on 17/5/17 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
MS Oulook - Sent Mail?????

Hello LCB-ers, especially those of you who are Microsoft-expert .

I installed MS Outlook, after Win10 seemed to have confounded the Thunderbird email handler I had been using.

Now I want to check thru some emails I recently sent. However, I've now discovered that the latest sent email listed in that file, is dated end February.

So please tell me, how do I reach non-deleted sent emails in Outlook? All my efforts searching this only deal with deleted emails. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

tims31

posted on 17/5/17 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
Hello LCB-ers, especially those of you who are Microsoft-expert .

I installed MS Outlook, after Win10 seemed to have confounded the Thunderbird email handler I had been using.

Now I want to check thru some emails I recently sent. However, I've now discovered that the latest sent email listed in that file, is dated end February.

So please tell me, how do I reach non-deleted sent emails in Outlook? All my efforts searching this only deal with deleted emails. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

If its the same as Outlook 2010 etc then it should be in the sent folder on the left, just below drafts

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 17/5/17 by tims31]

[Edited on 17/5/17 by tims31]

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Dick Axtell

posted on 18/5/17 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your reply, which showed an interesting point.

However, the point that I made was that even in my existing "sent" mailbox, the last email is dated 26 Feb. So what has gone on? How to recover emails that have NOT been deleted?

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

tims31

posted on 18/5/17 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

When did you install outlook in relation to the 26th Feb date. Have you been using this for a while prior to this date?
Do you have more than one email account setup in outlook, have you been sending out using another account by mistake and the emails are in that accounts sent box?

Sent emails will be in the deleted items if they are selected for deletion unless you hold shift and delete in which case it will be deleted permanently.

I would check to see if you have more than one account

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.