Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mother-in-laws....What is wrong with them!?
Irony

posted on 20/8/18 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Mother-in-laws....What is wrong with them!?

My mother in law is a pain. She's a utter spend thift who lives beyond her means and she takes laziness to new levels. For example her greatest shopping find was M&S pre-cheesed cheese on toast. Because 'who has the time to grate and sprinkle?'.

I found out she was 30k passed the service interval for the cam belt on her Golf. I organised the local mechanic to do it, I booked it in only to be told she couldn't afford it. Told her I'd pay and she can owe me...........fool. I called her about paying me and she was in M&S doing her weekly shop but can't afford to pay me back. Sigh

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/8/18 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the world of MIL'sFH

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

theconrodkid

posted on 20/8/18 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
mine was an absolute diamond ....maybe i was just lucky

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/8/18 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yup you have been suckerd and you ain't ever getting that money back. Relatives you can trust them less than a stranger you just bumped into. Ask her again and the wife will be why are you harassing my mum?!

Can't say too much but my mother in laws attitudes were on the brink of ending my marriage, pure poison, I can see why she's had three. Best to see them once a year at Christmas.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Angel Acevedo

posted on 21/8/18 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
My mother in law is a pain. She's a utter spend thift who lives beyond her means and she takes laziness to new levels. For example her greatest shopping find was M&S pre-cheesed cheese on toast. Because 'who has the time to grate and sprinkle?'.

I found out she was 30k passed the service interval for the cam belt on her Golf. I organised the local mechanic to do it, I booked it in only to be told she couldn't afford it. Told her I'd pay and she can owe me...........fool. I called her about paying me and she was in M&S doing her weekly shop but can't afford to pay me back. Sigh

I would never lend money unless I am willing to accept it is lost...
If it comes back, then I am happy.
If not, Just another person that I know his/her price...
Of course they will never ever come back with another request for favors.

Nex time she is overdue, tell her, and wait for the engine to go bang...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 21/8/18 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe I was lucky , never had any problems with mine when she was alive,just her daughter!
ravingfool

posted on 21/8/18 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
quote:
Originally posted by Irony

I would never lend money unless I am willing to accept it is lost...
If it comes back, then I am happy.
If not, Just another person that I know his/her price...
Of course they will never ever come back with another request for favors.

Nex time she is overdue, tell her, and wait for the engine to go bang...

I think this is sensible advice, although if you're likely to be the one required to bail her out at the end then you might prefer to just pay for the preventative work up front!

Trouble is if someone has spent their entire lives living a certain way and always being bailed out by someone it's probably very difficult to teach them anything else.

Just try not to let it get in the way of the rest of your life and your family happiness. I ended the relationships where I found their parents insufferable because I didn't want to be tied to that for the rest of my life. A bit late for you though so you just have to find a way to vent like moaning here occasionally and then just being the bigger person!

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Maybe I was lucky , never had any problems with mine when she was alive,just her daughter!

David Jenkins

posted on 21/8/18 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think my mother-in-law has ever approved of me... but she doesn't approve of my sister-in-law's husband either. Still, it's never been a problem for me as she's the sort to disapprove of everyone and everything.

She's pleasant enough, and polite, but I'm probably a disappointment for her as a son-in-law. I shan't let it bother me though, as I've managed to stay married to her daughter for 45 years...

[Edited on 21/8/18 by David Jenkins]

nero1701

posted on 21/8/18 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
My mother in law never leaves the house without an empty zip lock bag. In a restaurant, she won’t order food because”these crooks are robbing us with these prices” so everyone else’s food arrives and we all end up putting food on a spare plate for her. Any food that’s left goes in her ziplock bag for later.
We popped into a cafe for tea (she wouldn’t have one because of the price) out with the ziplock bag and all the packets of sugar and sweetener went in it.

We just paid for her to come to italy with us for 12 days. She brought a 500 Euro note with her. Conveniently nowhere would accept it. Offered to take her to a bank. She didn’t want to put us out if our way....

Luckily she doesn’t speak English, I don’t speak much Russian. We get on fine.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/8/18 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nero1701

We just paid for her to come to italy with us for 12 days. She brought a 500 Euro note with her. Conveniently nowhere would accept it. Offered to take her to a bank. She didn’t want to put us out if our way....

that's not even subtle and she probably had to ask the bank specifically for it. Would have served her right if it was stolen.

Irony

posted on 22/8/18 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Mines the opposite. She spends money she doesn't have. She deems weatherspoons as low class and scummy. She seeks out the most expensive way of doing everything. She won't take her car to a 'local' mechanic because she doesn't trust them, its main dealer all the way. She won't even peel spuds and will only by pre-peeled spuds. If we go to a restaurant she will nearly always order fillet steak extra well done and burnt to a crisps. She will then proceed to leave half. In fact its like she can't eat an entire meal and she has to leave half.
r1_pete

posted on 22/8/18 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
I have the best kind of MIL ⚰️.

She disliked me but knew who to come to for things doing, or dealing with crap!!

Shooter63

posted on 22/8/18 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is superb, And just happens to be rather well off 😁

Shooter

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/8/18 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
I think the worst thing about mother in laws is knowing your wife is very likely to end up looking and acting exactly the same...it's inevitable

I mind our previous neighbour, in her 30's she looked very hot (slight crush) red hair super fit a bit like a cross between Gillian Anderson & Louise Griffin...ok that sounds weird... her mum the other hand was a short, wrinkly white prune like old fat grey haired biddy who looked absolutely not related in any way to her daughter. 20 years on...OMG she looks exactly like her mum (no throwing up smiley) quite shocking

As they say, when you date a girl make sure you fancy their mum...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.