Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Work shop build, started
b14wrc

posted on 30/3/19 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mike, it’s a decent size, 6x6, obviously bigger is always desirable, but I have enough space to build the workshop. Been fancying a new daily driver, Lamborghini Gallardo, If I go that way I might consider putting it in the garage with the locost, but will have to see.

20vt powered rear engined locost

hobbsy

posted on 30/3/19 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
Thanks Mike, it’s a decent size, 6x6, obviously bigger is always desirable, but I have enough space to build the workshop. Been fancying a new daily driver, Lamborghini Gallardo, If I go that way I might consider putting it in the garage with the locost, but will have to see.

Who says there aren't well paid jobs "Up North"

Loving the garage build, jealous as I went from double garage with car port with inspection pit to a much older house with an outbuilding that is a fraction smaller than a single garage

Having to be super inventive with the space...

b14wrc

posted on 14/4/19 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Some updates from this weekend, hope to get another day over Easter, the plan being complete the insulation within another month. Been working on making a round window frame to fit above the door, it will act as a port hole light, put some photos up when it’s done.

Around the beam has been left as I need to get in to paint it. I am thinking of anthracite coloured cupboard doors against white walls, and I fancy a strip of the Italian flag across the middle, was thinking a vinyl strip. My friend is going to help me paint a Muriel on the back of the garage door, it will include the outline of the Nurburgring and some Italian details, as my car is Fiat coupe 20vt it will include something regarding this, I was born in October so I like the Abarth Scorpion. This will be the badge for the locost eventually.

Need to start building a shed I have planned, weather is getting better so need to get that done to make space for the plaster board arriving, think I need 24 full sheets.

Rob

b14wrc

posted on 12/5/19 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Been getting on past few weeks. Designed and made this window:

Installed and painted in primer:

Nice little feature for the workshop I thought.

b14wrc

posted on 13/5/19 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote

Some weekend relaxing.

Ronski

posted on 5/7/19 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
That garage is very nice, looks rural as well so noise shouldn't be an issue although all that insulation and extra stud wall will act as soundproofing. As for the farmer not liking you looking out makes me wonder what he's got to hide

Get yourself a motorised winch, both for lifting and moving along the beam, we have one at work, dual speeds, absolutely brilliant and so much easier if your on your own - I manoeuvred a truck engine in yesterday on my own.

As for the cinema bit, this is mine, which I built.

b14wrc

posted on 5/7/19 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I checked the link to your cinema build, nice I know a few who have done similar, my brother converted his garage recently, it’s so much better than just a tv! Good work.

I’ve had a pretty busy week, got friends coming tomorrow but I’ll try and get out into the garage Sunday and get you some measurements, I have an engine and box on a pallet, if you need the hub to hub dim my drive shafts are packed away at the moment, but I probably have the track written down some where and could work it out, your mini looks really good. Look forward to seeing it progress, especially with a 20vt!

Rob

Ronski

posted on 5/7/19 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, no need for the track width, I'd alter that to suit the Mini, I had drive shafts made in the early 90's and with some luck they may fit the 20vt.
b14wrc

posted on 5/7/19 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one. Happy to help if I can.

b14wrc

posted on 19/7/20 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, it’s been nearly a year since I last posted progress on my workshop build. It’s getting there but still not finished. Planning on getting set up end of this year to carry on the build next year. So for now, some progress shots just to bring the post up to date, detail to follow:

Rob

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 19/7/20 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Looks fab, bet it's never that tidy again
b14wrc

posted on 26/7/20 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Oh I’ll be keeping it tidy!

Started building my 3D printer cabinet, should keep it clean and insulated.

And another shot of the locost motor back in the car, first time in 3 years!

b14wrc

posted on 26/7/20 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
And I did get a chain block in the end. Very useful!

Rob

b14wrc

posted on 1/8/20 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well yesterday ended up a bit of a right off in terms of progress, I finished working later than I wanted and cut the grass as the sun was out. By the time I’d sat down ready to think about a session in the work shop it was already 7, so I cracked open a cider had a bbq and decided to just chill instead.

I got my PS3 hooked up to my projector and watched a few you tube videos in the workshop, still need a load of wiring and a bracket for the projector but for a cheap projector I was pretty impressed! Will be better once the walls painted white but you get the idea, 3m wide screen is pretty decent.

Was watching Audi videos...

The line is the trunking, it’s actually going to be projected on the back wall eventually, there isn’t trunking deliberately on that section.

b14wrc

posted on 10/10/20 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Electrics finished last night. Good feeling being able to plug every thing in properly now with a choice of over 10 different sockets to choose from. Pure luxury considering I had 1 available socket and had to stitch the extension in every time I wanted to do anything.

Beer fridge is now cold.

And I wired in a little mood lighting..... in my 3D printer cabinet.

Can have it any colour. It’s pretty trick.

b14wrc

posted on 9/1/21 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Christmas paint....

First coat of under coat gone on, makes a massive difference.

Rob

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.