Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fleetwood Mac
johnhsmith

posted on 10/6/19 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Fleetwood Mac

Some time ago we bought tickets to see Fleetwood Mac (+Pretenders) at Wembley.

Since then I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and I had surgery 4 weeks ago. We were hoping that I would be ok, but I'm really not up to going now, so looking to sell the tickets. The details are:-
18th June
Block 123
Row 32
Seats 5 & 6

The tickets cost us £169.75 each with the charges. (£155.00 plus £14.75)

We've put them on a few places, but thought the Forum was worth a shot. Obviously we're open to offers if anyone is interested.

Thanks

John

PAULD

posted on 11/6/19 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Good job you got your car done in time, when I had my prostate removed it knocked the stuffing out of me for months! Good luck with the recovery.
johnhsmith

posted on 11/6/19 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul

Yes, I knew it was going to be bad, a big op, but it was worse than I expected. Still very sore and bruised. No need for me to talk about side effects to you I guess, so it's a long road ahead.

And is it me, or is PC really high profile at the moment? In the papers/news every day it seems.

Drove my day car for the first time on Sunday and have come into work for 'light duties' today. I seems strange after nearly 5 weeks away.

Both fun cars are out of action. The Locost is sitting with to side panel etc. off after the clutch cable broke on our way back from Stoneleigh Kit Car Show (the week before my op). I need to modify the pedal/cable clamping to give it some pivot movement.

The Lotus needs the door card/ speaker/handle etc. re-fitting after repairs to the electric window mechanism. This failed on our return from the Classic Car show at The National Arboretum the week before. Paul Matty very kindly fixed the mechanism while I was in hospital, and delivered the car back to work for me.

I am hoping to sort the Lotus out in the next week or so as it is only light work that I can do on a stool, but the Locost means making and welding a new bracket onto the pedal, then riveting the side panel on, so that may take a little longer. A real shame as the good weather is coming soon we hope!

Good news on the tickets, it turns out that we took insurance out for them and hopefully we will get all of our money back. Gutted though to miss the show as we've always fancied seeing them.

Thanks, John

PAULD

posted on 11/6/19 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
I think it is being plugged more to make us all aware. I had three months off and three months part time after mine so you are doing well. U2U me if I can help at all.
David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/19 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I had a fairly crap year last year because of it, even though I didn't have surgery (just radiotherapy & pills). 18-months-worth of pill taking to go.

It certainly changed my attitude to life...

[Edited on 11/6/19 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.