Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: any signmakers on here?
swanny

posted on 5/11/20 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
any signmakers on here?

hello

i need to make a new sign for the kids swimming club. they don't have very much money. it currently sits above a notice board at the pool with the club name and logo on.

its the length of the noticeboard (about four foot ) and only 6 or 7 inches high.

i think i should be able to get some vinyl graphics made, but i don't know what to put the design on. The current sign is a kind of corrugated plastic type material, but i don't know what it is called. it never looked very smart but is now breaking down and falling apart.

i could use perspex, or tin, or something similar but don't know the best place to get such a weird shape piece without it costing a fortune.

can anyone on here suggest what materials I should be looking for?

thanks

Paul

nick205

posted on 6/11/20 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Got to be some in your local area - I got some made for my workplace in Basingstoke (Hampshire) and simply searched on the web for local sign makers.

Failing that I'd try Ebay or Amazon. There's bound to be plenty on there and they're probably keen for the work as well.

Irony

posted on 6/11/20 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ideally you need a bit of aluminium composite. Or Diabond as a brand. Try a company called Trent Plastics. They have a website. As your in Nottingham if you can get over to Saxilby near Lincoln I'll make and sort the sign for you for free. Message me if you can get over this way.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.