Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wall sound insulation
cliftyhanger

posted on 7/2/21 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Wall sound insulation

A long term tenant of mine has left after 18 years. Just been down to see what I want to do to the flat, and discovered the brick party wall is doing virtually nothing to stop noise from the neighbours.
Yes, they seem to talk very loudly, but I need to do something to reduce the noise. Initially I checked in case my wall was dot/dab drylined, but no, solid plaster.
The flat is not large, so I don't want to start putting 50+mm insulation up, it would cause chaos with doors and do on. But having looked at a few websites, I just feel confused as there are too many options, and I have no idea what will work best. I have used resilient bars before, but for ceilings and a wall that had a staircase fitted on teh other side. My understanding is they work well for impact. I have also seen heavy vinyl sheet (as heavy as lead apparently), claiming to be self-adhesive or uses contact adhesive.

Has anybody got experience of doing this sort of job? Hoping I can get a fair reduction by sacrificing 25,,. 12.5 soundboard, and up to 12.5mm insulation. Any pointers?
Ta

(the tenant left for family reasons, and has never complained about noise, but I would have!)

[Edited on 7/2/21 by cliftyhanger]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.