Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a way to beat speed cams
Ian Pearson

posted on 25/2/03 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK, the new regs don't apply to N.Ireland. I think these guys are based in N.Ireland.

http://www.fancyplates.com[/url]

kingr

posted on 26/2/03 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
Does 12 laps of the m25 at 140 mph.

Now you know that's never gonna happen!!

Kingr

stephen_gusterson

posted on 26/2/03 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
well, perhaps not in a single day or anywhere near rush hour then!

ok

tell me where u live and i'll borrow your plates then.

As someone who has had his barclays connect card cloned in the past - and it never left my posession - and 1000 quid nicked from it 100 miles away, dont be so doubtful of the frauds people can pull.

If i was gonna do some illegal racing / crusing stuff past speed cams, i would do it for sure.

cloning plates from similar cars DOES happen.

it makes more sense to use a false number from a similar car if yer gonna commit a crime.

atb

steve

[Edited on 26/2/03 by stephen_gusterson]

Rorty

posted on 7/7/03 at 02:54 AM Reply With Quote
I've just recieved an update from a font site, and they've just released the official UK number plate font. If you download it, and type up your registration number, you can then either take it or email it to one of those computer-cut vinyl sign places, and have your number plates made up cheaply.

Number plate font.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 7/7/03 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Speed cameras can get you from the front. I got a speeding ticket through a couple of years ago, but I didn't believe they could have clearly read my plate on camera as i had 3 mountain bikes on the back which covered most of my number plate, so i requested a copy of the picture. When i received the picture it was a lovely shot of the front of the car and you could clearly see me driving and the 2 passengers, plus my plate.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 7/7/03 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
The police were pulling cars for obscuring their rear lights and number plates with pushbikes when we went to Ashbourne. They were having a field day, I don't know if they were dishing tickets or warnings but they would have made a fortune..

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

GasGasGas

posted on 8/7/03 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Do they only get you from behind!

To the best of my knowledge there was a court case when the B***ards were first introduced and WE the joe public Won!!!!
Basically it is an infringement of your human rights to be photo'd by a speed camara head on as it proves who was driving the car?????
(and who was sitting in the front seat with you???? )

stephen_gusterson

posted on 8/7/03 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
I was told about 20 years ago by a frenchman the same was said in france then. People were having pics sent to their home with their mistress sitting in the car (!!!!).

They stopped sending the pics. You have to ask for them here anyway.

Dont get speeding confused with human rights. You dont have any.

I got done 185 quid for not telling if it was me or not driving cos I didnt know (well, they didnt know I did.) Its an offence not to admit its you or give another name.

What heppend to the right to remain silent.

With speed cams, the law just butt fcuks you.

atb

steve

[Edited on 8/7/03 by stephen_gusterson]

GasGasGas

posted on 8/7/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
They only get you from behind

Well bugger me
chrisg

posted on 8/7/03 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
I can tell you how to be guaranteed never to be caught by speed cameras - but you'll have to send me a tenner!

Cheers

The road safety officer

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Peteff

posted on 9/7/03 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Here's my tenners worth.

Stick to the limit then they can't get you.

There are two new truvelo cameras near us in a 50 limit and they aren't switched on yet, still got lenses covered but everybody slows down to 35mph to go past them. They are either side of a bend in full view and will inevitably cause an accident eventually when someone brakes for them and gets rear ended.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Lord Charles

posted on 10/7/03 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose it would be too difficult to put the prevailing speed limit sign on the camera post?

or just before it?

PipPip

Charlie

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.