Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Don't laugh but I just bought a Saxo!
lsdweb

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Don't laugh but I just bought a Saxo!

I'm about 25 years too old but I've just bought a Saxo VTR.

My Westfield is nowhere near being finished and the season starts for me a week Saturday so I bought a VTR to run in our new standard production car class. It was local and a really good price although it needs an MOT and it's a bit nasty in places!

It's in my mate's for an MOT tomorrow so we shall see how it gets on! Some bits don't seem to work, the handbrake has been pulled out of the floor and the driver's seat is knackered - that'll be changed as it's the only permitted mod!

Roll on Llandow a week Saturday!

Wyn

blakep82

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
well, someone's got to

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

zilspeed

posted on 27/4/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
If it's any help, I keep looking at stuff like that too. Small and wieldy if nothing else.

I did get some good time in over the weekend and today in the g'rage, so it's getting there.

Must keep pushing

Peteff

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
I did get some good time in over the weekend and today in the g'rage, so it's getting there.

Must keep pushing

Or fit an engine

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Omni

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Wyn,

Where are the pics?

O

DarrenW

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Little saxo should be a decent car. We bought a P reg 106 about 18 months ago as a small town car (1100cc model) and it has been great. Only has 70K miles on it and is in great condition, whilst we paid top money for it (£750) it has turned out to be a perfect little spare car. Just needs a driveshaft to make it better. Need to suss out how to change one, been told they are very cheap.

Had to change rear brake pipes last year but they were very simple to do.

Only downer is that it has developed an oil leak from engine, not bothered to investigate yet to see where it is coming from.

mad4x4

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I have a saxo 1.5 D as a commuter and the brakes are S**T. I even put new pads and discs on and I can still brake fade it inabout 5 mines of hard driving. Bordering on Dangerous.

Ok for the 2 mile school run at 30mph

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

MK9R

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
They have a nasty image <hides as i bought a brand new one in 1997 (but they weren't chavy then)> but are a cracking little car to drive!! Wear you baseball backwards and with pride

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 28/4/09 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
...Some bits don't seem to work, the handbrake has been pulled out of the floor and the driver's seat is knackered...

Handbrake turns in ASDA's car park.
Seat's probably been cranked back as far as possible which can't do them any good at all.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Omni

posted on 28/4/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Wyn,

What year is yours? I can get my mitts on a 1999 VTR for £399 and I am thinking of getting it as a track toy

O

lsdweb

posted on 28/4/09 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Photo here

It's a 51 plate - definitely had one too many handbrake turns in Tesco carpark!

[Edited on 28/4/09 by lsdweb]

iank

posted on 28/4/09 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Saxo1
Saxo1

That looks in very nice condition considering, and his mum must have put her foot down and refused to let him cover it in halfords finest sh*ite.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

lsdweb

posted on 28/4/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

That looks in very nice condition considering, and his mum must have put her foot down and refused to let him cover it in halfords finest sh*ite.

I wanted a standard car as the regs don't allow any mods. It's got an aftermarket air filter (induction kit?) which will have to come off but I have the stock air box with it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.