Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone working with fonts????
russbost

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone working with fonts????

Trying to identify the fonts that McLaren use for the Vodaphone ads on the car

Description
Description

I have discovered the font is specially made for Vodaphone & isn't available anywhere - does anyone recognise it as being similar to any other font - surely it can't be that different??? Also trying to identify the font McLaren used when putting drivers names instead of fag advertising on the side of the car - was it possibly a West tobacco font & if so can anyone identify it?
I want to get some signwriting done for the new car & would like the fonts to be as McLaren like as poss

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
its a custom font created just for them

linky

apparently the font - Helvetica is quite close to it

Personally I’d draw it in paintshop and then get a vinyl printing company to then make the stickers

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
What would you need to reproduce it?

There's a girl at work that used to work for vodafone, so I could ask her what contacts she still has there. Would letterheads, or rather email headers, footers be of any use?

Steve

iank

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure there's something close, but it might be easier to get your vinyl cutter to use their official logo (on their media relations page (here) and scale it up - will be closer than a close but not quite font.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Steve Hignett

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
As well as the one above from Ian, there is a slightly different one:

Steve Hignett

posted on 4/6/09 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Here's a LINK to a large image of the standard one
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure about the format but here it looks like you can buy the 3D model of the car with textures?

not my kind of thing but could you use those?

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Vicars?
russbost

posted on 4/6/09 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanx for that guys, I was hoping just to get close so I could set up what I wanted & get it made in vinyl - I'm not intending to write Vodaphone on there, tho' they can advertise on the car if they want!!

Any ideas on the drivers names - is there a "West" font???

I've googled it & couldn't come up with anything, praps I'm just using the wrong search terms?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/6/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
why not speak to vodafone on getting sponsership???

after all the car sticks out a mile, free money for nothing other than making the car look more like the real thing....

they might even give you the sticker to put on

[Edited on 4/6/09 by Mr Whippy]

Humbug

posted on 4/6/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
why not speak to vodafone on getting sponsership???

after all the car sticks out a mile, free money for nothing other than making the car look more like the real thing....

they might even give you the sticker to put on

[Edited on 4/6/09 by Mr Whippy]

Sounds like it would be worth a try, though they might get a bit arsy if they refuse and then find you've gone and copied it anyway?

skippad

posted on 4/6/09 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Font looks similar to Humanist, but not quite, nothing like Helvetica.
I could download off link site, scan and digitise ready for vinyl cutting or print and cut.
Or even print or cut for you!
Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.