Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LOL! EDF energy sure are funny guys!
BenB

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
LOL! EDF energy sure are funny guys!

My garage is seperate to my house (about 100M away) so has it's own electricity supply...

Funny electricity bill
Funny electricity bill

You think after working out my energy usage for this quarter last year and for the last quarter they'd actually do something with those figures rather than just thinking "f*$k it, let's assume he's turned it into a disco"...

I think the problem is caused by the fact that not suprisingly I'm unlikely to be in when the meter man comes round once every two months....

dinosaurjuice

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
hilarious how the previous quarter is so small it doesnt even register on the graph! LOL
James

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Our EDF bill has jumped up massively in the last quarter too.
My girlfriend has been blaming me for leaving the PC on too much!

From £17 a quarter to £75 or something.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 7/9/09 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I swopped to Scittish Gas after EDF hiked our direct debit so we were £620 in credit!! I'm surprised they have any customers left if they treat everyone like that

[Edited on 7/9/09 by scotlad]

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/9/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
^ thats why I don't do bills with direct debit

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Moorron

posted on 7/9/09 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
wow thats good.

However i think somethings gone on for most people.

I had my gas bill this month for the last 3 months usage and it was £4.78! but i also had a new gas meter fitted so i assumed they messed this part up, but looking into it deeped it was down to them reading my meter wrong (actual reading not estimates) last time and over charging me.

Sounds like it wide spread then, maybe they have blind poeple working for them?

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 7/9/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
^ thats why I don't do bills with direct debit

You must have more time to mess about than me. D/Ds save me a lot of messing around every month trying to remember to pay everybody. All the other buisnesses that i pay by direct debit dont p*ss me around like EDF (so far.....).

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

nick205

posted on 7/9/09 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
EDF are not alone here let me tell you

I've tried EDF, British Gas, NPPower, Socttish Power and one other (can't remember which). They're all as bad as each other promising the earth and falling at the first hurdle on common sense, customer service and any other scale you might like to measure them on.

The number of suppliers should drive up quality, but they all know they have us over a barrel and for every customer who leaves them another will join.

It's one of those scenarios where if you could organise the entire country to boycot one or two suppliers completely for 6 months they would wake up and get themselves sorted.

ashg

posted on 7/9/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
call the billing line type in the proper reading and they will send you out a new correct bill. i got exactly the same the other month. if i were you i would get the garage running off the house supply. they charge you a service charge for that extra supply so you will be paying a service charge for the garage and the house.

[Edited on 7/9/09 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

BenB

posted on 7/9/09 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair the customer services people have been quite good and agreed that it's unlikely that I've turned my garage into a disco

New bill coming my way soon.....

iank

posted on 7/9/09 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect they put a mad estimate on to force you into calling in with a proper meter reading.
That or they know about the hydroponics system...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.