Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Parking Charge
myke pocock

posted on 26/12/11 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Car Parking Charge

I parked in a car park of a retail shopping area, shopped and put my goods in my car. I then left the car park to go somewhere else which to be perfectly honest the displayed notice said I shouldnt. I now have a charge of £90 or £50 if paid in 14 days. I have contested it by saying I went to browse in another shop on the site (naughty I know) and emailed a copy of the receipt from the shop with a time on it! The company issuing the charge only have photos front and back of my vehicle in the car park which only proves my car was there. Can they lawfully charge me without actual proof and can I request their proof if they have more (CCTV?)? Surely "reasonable cause to believe that the terms and conditions of parking have occured" is not enough legally? What happens if I dont pay?
clairetoo

posted on 26/12/11 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Tell `em to get stuffed - I dont think there is anything they can do at all , without documented proof that will stand up in court .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

JoelP

posted on 26/12/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
id agree with claire, if you are sure they cannot prove you left the site. Outline the facts, tell them nothing will be paid without a court order.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

owelly

posted on 26/12/11 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
If its Parking Eye, there's tons of info on the net. Put simply, ignore any further contact from them. You'll get three letters from a debt collecting agency whixh just happens to be in the same office as PE. Ignore these too.
They'll never take you to court. Sit tight.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 26/12/11 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Do not enter into any correspondence with them.

Do file the parking charge in the bin, it is totally un enforceable.

Do forget about it and enjoy the new year.

jase380

posted on 26/12/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
As other have said, bin the fine, ignore any more letters you get, don't respond to anything they send you. You might get as many as six letters threatening court action etc but bin them aswell, they get bored cawl back under their rock eventually ( i speak from experience having done it several times now ).
RK

posted on 26/12/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about over there, but they will also get your phone number, and harrass you for months if not years, once the collection people (who have no legal right to do anything to you) get hold of it.
myke pocock

posted on 26/12/11 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just in case anyone else has had experience of these particular people, it's a company called UK Parking Control Ltd.
thunderace

posted on 26/12/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
was it in scotland ? as there not legal in scotland.i have binned around 20 over the last year
Brooky

posted on 26/12/11 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
look here....
Ben_Copeland

posted on 26/12/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
if its not legit council throw it in the bin

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Ninehigh

posted on 27/12/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Don't know about over there, but they will also get your phone number, and harrass you for months if not years, once the collection people (who have no legal right to do anything to you) get hold of it.

If that happens write to them stating that they are to only contact you via post, and if they send more than one letter in a 14 day period that's harrassment

Furyous

posted on 27/12/11 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'd advise against binning it for the time being. You'll want some sort of record in the very remote chance that anything comes of it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.