Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My new project
ChrisBradley04

posted on 30/8/04 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
My new project

Hi,
Just thought I'd give you the first glimpse of my new project.

It's based on a Rover 100 (114 GTa to be exact), but has a Mini body shell. It's actually quite comfortable, but does require 2 people to drive.

It overcomes one of the main issues with kitcars, that is the height. With this new design, people can see you coming from miles away. Since driving, not one person has pulled out in front of me. It is quite eye catching and most people are so impressed that they just stop and stare.

Since finishing it today, I have done a few miles and can report that it's certainly not like driving a normal Mini. A job well done.

Would anyone else like one as we are thinking of going in to business? We really think we are on to something here

Regards
Chris Rescued attachment Picture 511.jpg
Rescued attachment Picture 511.jpg

alister667

posted on 30/8/04 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cool! Pencil me in for one (if I can sell the MK!) - the driving position alone must make you feel king of the road, and the admiring looks from bystanders must make it all worthwhile!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 30/8/04 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thats how they should look.....see them like that all the time.......the scrapyards have done that for years.........

Sorry I have a hate for all things metro!
Horrible things.......all the worst that leyland could do too car kind taking it back to before ox carts. Another self dismantling tinbucket.

The minis great does what it says on the box. The fact that the original outlasted the "new model" says it all

[Edited on 30-8-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 30/8/04 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
the metro before the K series engine was so based on mini bits that they should share the same failings, surely?

I have had a couple of the original A series metros, and I liked em both. Nice simple engineering - at least no more complex than a mini. For what BL had as a resource at the time (1980) - which was bum all - the metro was a triumph. At the time the motoring press raved over it.

If you put self destructing K series engines in it, and run it into the late 90's, its not a suprise it gets found wanting.

btw - isnt a roof rack load limited to summat like 80 kilos?

atb

steve

SeaBass

posted on 31/8/04 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
I have to say I had an old shape Metro GTA with a 1275 engine and about 70 brakes. It was great to sling about on the factory fit wide alloys. I'm not gonna claim it was the best car ever made but it sure was fun for my first few years of driving. I looked after the thing well and bought a different car at which point my dad wrote it off!

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.