Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mitsubishi alternator
scutter

posted on 31/8/04 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi alternator

Gents, Just a quick question,

Are the mounting bolts for a Mitsubishi alternator metric thread? as the on I have seems very roughly cast and a M8 bolt won't run down the hole.

Cheers in advance. Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 31/8/04 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Everything I have worked on that came from the land of the rising sun had metric threads, I thing they gave up imperial when Honda stopped making Austin Sevens under licence!

The quality of most of their fasteners is usually very bad, always expect to shear off a few bolts when working on anything older that 5 years

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

hortimech

posted on 31/8/04 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
will be metric thread but there are coarse metric threads (what you usually think of as metric) and there are fine metric threads. the other thing is they like to make bolts with smaller head sizes than our normal ones

Why does everything happen to me

scutter

posted on 31/8/04 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cool, I'll get a M8 tap and run it down the holes.

Many thanks Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.