Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anti Dive
hicost

posted on 24/11/12 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Anti Dive

Putting together my suspension this weekend and I am going to put some antidive into the mounting points. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 24/11/12 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't think it's necessary in a car of this type, weight and power! Could be just another complication!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 24/11/12 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
They don't tend to squat on braking but if you do don't go mad or youll lock the front more easily

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

britishtrident

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Avoid anti-dive --- a very little is fine on a big heavy softly sprung car but on a small sports car no.

However on the rear anti-squat can be useful.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

hicost

posted on 24/11/12 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham

I just happen to have a complete Caterham in my workshop at the moment stripped to the chassis. I notice Caterham lift the bottom front wishbone about an inch higher at the end nearest the back.

I am going to put the same in mine.

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

t11

posted on 24/11/12 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
anti dive

Hi....I have anti squat/ anti dive suspension built into my t11 and it makes a hole world of differance, one thing I would say is make sure your measurement's are up to scratch and you know where your point of balance is...........

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.