Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TV advice
swanny

posted on 16/9/13 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
TV advice

Hi all,

discussing getting a bigger telly for the lounge (not a huge one as the current one is only 21"

as the room isnt massive i'd thought about wall mounting it in the corner so when we used it we could pull it out to 45 degree and all see it.

this would be fine but what i'd really like to do is get rid of the table that houses the dvd player/freeset box as it and the boxes are just ugly.

is there anyway to do this other than just leave it in full view but put it in a different part of the room that is less obvious?

cheers

paul

Slimy38

posted on 16/9/13 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
We actually mounted ours right into the corner, mainly because the fixings need something solid and coming out from the corner was another 600mm before we got to something usable. I screwed a triangular piece of wood in a 'cross' layout into the two walls, then a long arm on to the face. I just had to make sure the arm was able to carry the weight.

Depending on what you use to plug the devices in you can just relocate them anywhere. HDMI cables are the easiest, they're fairly thin and can run for decent lengths no problem. Phono leads aren't much harder, at least they're quite thin as well. SCART leads are a pain though, they can be very expensive for long lengths and they are quite thick.

Also consider the remote controls, they still need line of sight (ish).

dhutch

posted on 16/9/13 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
How much have you got?

Ive just got a BT vision box, a cheapy dvd player, and a flying lead to the laptop.
At which point they mount on there side against the wall, but quite equally be on a floating shelf?

Daniel

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/9/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hd projector short throw, all you need is a white wall and you can have a picture the size of the whole wall but takes up no space when off as it's mounted to the ceiling. Mine cost £750 and the picture is 4 meters diagonaly, my boss has just bought the 3D version which is £100 more after seeing mine. Playing the xbox on it is mind boggling. The room doesn't have to be dark to watch the tv, there's just more contrast if it is dark.

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 16/9/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 16/9/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.maplin.co.uk/remote-control-ir-repeater-115205
swanny

posted on 16/9/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
some neat suggestions chaps thanks. the IR repeater looks a simple solution then its just a matter of hiding the cables.

thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.