Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay / PayPal weirdness
nick205

posted on 26/9/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
eBay / PayPal weirdness

Very odd!

Bought an item on eBay and paid with PayPal as usual.

Today, I got a U2U from a fellow Locoster advising that my item had arrived at his address. Now it happens that I've previously sold an item to this member via the forum. He paid via PayPal, I shipped the item and all was good.

When I checked back into eBay and PayPal, for reasons unknown, they have now got his address as the ship to address for my accounts.....?

He has been good enough to forward the item on to me and I have raised a query with eBay and PayPal.

Anyone else had this level of weirdness and a sensible response from eBay and PayPal?

Slimy38

posted on 26/9/13 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
My shipping address got changed to my wife's address, fortunately it's the same address just with a different name but I had to close and reopen a new Paypal account to fix it. And fortunately it wasn't when I was doing my christmas shopping otherwise she'd have been unwrapping her presents a fair bit too early!
benchmark51

posted on 26/9/13 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I buy through Ebay and pay via paypal. I use my home address for small items and work address for larger ones. Recently I paid for an item using my work address but it got delivered to my home. I double checked the order details and I hadn't made a mistake. Asked Ebay about it but I was 'assisted' by a blonde who made no sense at all. I have made several purchases since and have had no problem. Bit worrying though especially if it goes to someone elses address.
chrism

posted on 26/9/13 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benchmark51
I buy through Ebay and pay via paypal. I use my home address for small items and work address for larger ones. Recently I paid for an item using my work address but it got delivered to my home. I double checked the order details and I hadn't made a mistake. Asked Ebay about it but I was 'assisted' by a blonde who made no sense at all. I have made several purchases since and have had no problem. Bit worrying though especially if it goes to someone elses address.

Ive seen something similar to this a couple of times when I've sold stuff on eBay, where the buyer has one address selected on ebay and then a different one in paypal, and Ive had to check with them which address to send to.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.